SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Can you run two deepskydad AF3s at the same time on the same PC?

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Windows generally objects to running two of anything with the same drivers.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I do run two Atik EFWs, it just pops up the a drop down box with serial numbers and I pick the right one.  If confirmed that two AF3s don’t work then will need to buy something else. 

12 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks Dave. I do run two Atik EFWs, it just pops up the a drop down box with serial numbers and I pick the right one.  If confirmed that two AF3s don’t work then will need to buy something else. 

I have trouble running two Lakeside motor focusers in Maxim even though they have different ASCOM drivers, have to run two instances of Maxim whereas two QSI cameras are fine using their own drivers.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have two running at the same time? 

I have one on my RedCat and remember coming across a recent ASCOM driver mentioning support for two instances. Could always ask the author to confirm and his experience. 

https://deepskydad.com/autofocuser3

It's under the AF3 section (under Software in the link) so not sure if its backwards compatible or as alluded to above, stable 

Edited by geeklee
Clarified driver / firmware

14 minutes ago, geeklee said:

I have one on my RedCat and remember coming across a recent firmware mentioning support for two instances. Could always ask the author to confirm and his experience. 

https://deepskydad.com/autofocuser3

It's under the AF3 section (under Software in the link) so not sure if its backwards compatible or as alluded to above, stable 

Thanks for the link, hadn’t noticed that update! Looks promising. I’ve sent Pavle an email. I update this thread with any information from Pavle. 

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bottletopburly said:

Ok af1 is the same size Af2 I thought I saw a picture of af3 being bigger .

If anything its smaller. The first AF1 i had didn't have a recess for the small screws that hold it to the bracket. I made it work by drilling the bracket holes a little bigger and ordered a longer belt off ebay (few quid and readily available). When I ordered the AF3 I spoke with Pavle about the fitment issue and he asked for some measurements and pictures. The AF3 arrived with redesigned body and bracket. Fitted like a glove and belt length was perfect. He also sent me a new housing with pc board and bracket for my original AF1 which effectively upgraded it to an AF3 (for a small fee). Great service and great little focuser. Ive seen threads where people have issues fitting the more expensive EAFs and  Sesto Senso units but not a bad word said about the DSD units.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

If anything its smaller. The first AF1 i had didn't have a recess for the small screws that hold it to the bracket. I made it work by drilling the bracket holes a little bigger and ordered a longer belt off ebay (few quid and readily available). When I ordered the AF3 I spoke with Pavle about the fitment issue and he asked for some measurements and pictures. The AF3 arrived with redesigned body and bracket. Fitted like a glove and belt length was perfect. He also sent me a new housing with pc board and bracket for my original AF1 which effectively upgraded it to an AF3 (for a small fee). Great service and great little focuser. Ive seen threads where people have issues fitting the more expensive EAFs and  Sesto Senso units but not a bad word said about the DSD units.

i have three units little stars the original unit af1 and af2 all work flawlessly

Edited by bottletopburly
  • Like 1