SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Satalite? or what ?

I'll try posting this, and hope the date and time come up in the exif

11919_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

here goes. If this has posted, does anyone have any idea what it could be? the exposure was 0.8 sec, so it was moving fast

Dave

I get loads of aircraft on my widefields...joys of living under the Heathrow flight path!

That definitely looks like a plane you can see where the body reflected light.

Either it was moving very fast or the exposure was longer than 0.8secs....Don't mean to be critical but I suspect the latter because the amount the light pollution and stars look more like 8 secs.

Still a nice image!

Cheers

Danny

D'oh! You're right, just checked the exif, 6 sec f/4 iso 800 date 18/1/09 time 19.57.00

Got it confused in my mind with another set taken at f/2.0, where the exposure was of the order of 0.8 sec.

Teach me to get my facts right before posting, so aircraft it is, and I live in Acton, right under the blessed flight-path :x

Dave

PS looking at the LP and the time, the axis would be at about 45 deg, so the aircraft was moving slantwise across the sky

Archived