Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altair 102/F7 Ed (FPL53) - Some initial Musings

3 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

What eyepieces was you using?

Looking back at my report, it was at x220, so I would have been using a 7.1mm eyepiece (a 10mm Hyperion with 28mm fine tuning ring) with the 2.25x barlow -  surprisingly good view given all the glass!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Looking back at my report, it was at x220, so I would have been using a 7.1mm eyepiece (a 10mm Hyperion with 28mm fine tuning ring) with the 2.25x barlow -  surprisingly good view given all the glass!

Best I had was in September with my 4.7 giving 152x, that was good.  I think it takes a special night to get to the magnification you had. Amazing what can be done with these telescopes on the right night. Well done 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dantooine said:

The phone idea is one I have thought about but I ended up just using a RDF. So Far I’ve found this good to use on its own. 

I did give it a try, but I'm not sure the alignment is good enough, will try again on auto alignment to see, and maybe on the alt az mount... 

It was close but not close enough... 

9 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

In my case I had a 5mm SLV and 2x Explore scientific extender.. 

That’s pretty good. The Es extender is close to the Powermates from what I’ve read. I think I would see floaters crawling around on mars at that point 😂

Edited by Dantooine

2 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

That’s pretty good. The Es extender is close to the Powermates from what I’ve read. I think I would see floaters crawling around on mars at thr point 😂

I don't know the scope yet, so I was really just messing about, especially with all the clouds around.. not even sure why I chose to go with that combo.. I'll be more serious about it next time out...  what I saw though defo impressive!