Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargazers Lounge April 2009 Spring Starparty Chat Thread...

Greg

I'm still new to astronomy and I'm really looking forward to this.

I have a Celestron SCT and I have never used a refractor or a dob.

I would really love to have a peak through either of those.

I'd be willing to offer the use of my Ethos if anyone would let me look through their scope! Pretty please?

Yours grovellingly,

Lulu

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lulu,

I haven't got any eyepieces yet to go with the WO ED80 Zenithstar I'm bringing along, as I haven't got much portable kit.

I haven't even seen an Ethos in 'the flesh', you'd be welcome to look through this scope!

My first Starparty, I'm really looking forward to it too - be like a holiday for me!

Barry.

Like you Barry, I rarely if ever look through an eyepiece (shameful really :hello2:).

Also, again like you, my 'kit' is 'bolted down' in the obsy, and in any case, the 12" LX is by no means a portable scope ;). It takes two of us to lift it on and off the pier.

However, I do have pretty much a full set of Series 4000 eyepieces, and one solitary 26mm Series 5000.

That said, I took the ED80 (which I no longer have), up to Kelling last spring, but really didn't use it, as I was more engrosed in the imaging and observing activities of other SGL members.

What I did use a lot, were my 15x70 bins, which made a nice change, because, at home, they never come out of the case (shameful again ;))

It was almost a repeat performance at Kelling in September.

I think Steve's suggestion is very valid, in that at SGL4 you'll get the opportunity to grab a look through a variety of scopes, with a variety of eyepieces. From that, you'll be well informed as to what you think is good for you.

Lulu, I'm sure that you'll have no problem whatsoever, in getting a look through refractors and Dobs. When you get to meet the SGL crowd, you'll discover just what a sociable bunch they are.

Very much looking forward to meeting the usual 'gang' again, and all the 'new faces' that are going to be there. :rolleyes:

Dave

Because I live close to the site I will bring along my WO 66SD and 4" APO refractor both on a SkyTee alt/az mount. I was also bring along my box of eyepieces (details on my profiles). Lulu you are welcome to use the 4" scope - using an Ethos EP would be interesting for both of us.

Mark

If I can manage to get a pitch, I'm going to bring along the big 14 inch Meade....no cameras etc.

It'll be available for anyone who wants a peek through a seriously powerful SCT.

Also, if anyone wants any processing tips, I'll be more than happy to help.

Cheers

Rob

All my kit is bolted down, I was toying with the idea of uprooting it but have decided against. I do have the no longer used ST80 and mount and will bring this instead (more for my lads use than mine)

Well, it is now confirmed that I am now not able to make SGL4 due to work.

To say I am gutted is an understatement - was really looking forward to meeting lots of new people and ignoring those I already know.

I shall continue to do the organising, chasing of payments, liasing with the campsite - so don't panic!

I hope you all have an excellent time, clear skies and a good laugh.

;)

pssttt! for the techies, I have confirmed that there is wireless internet on site, just ask at reception. I am guessing it only around the main building, but thats good enough for me....

Well, it is now confirmed that I am now not able to make SGL4 due to work.

To say I am gutted is an understatement - was really looking forward to meeting lots of new people and ignoring those I already know.

You never know Daz they may still yet make another 11th hour decision ........yet again ;)

BTW you forgot to install our printer:hiding:

Archived