Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargazers Lounge April 2009 Spring Starparty Chat Thread...

Greg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Location update with info on light pollution.

Visited the site last night at 21.30 and parked overlooking the camp site - did not venture onto the site itself - too dark and nobody around. There is light pollution in the direction of Hereford - W to NW only. Could clearly see clusters in Cassiopeia but more important M33 at alt of 40 degrees and was easy in 15x70 binos. M1 was also visible and the Milky Way (very clear) stretched from Cassiopeia through Gemini with no difficulty - M35 being an excellent sight. From my location could not see the eastern horizon because of trees although from the rally field you will be able. Whilst driving back I could see the E horizon and there was slight LP in the direction of Ross but not too bad or too high.

Overall a dark site, with facilities on site and good pubs nearby.

Mark

This will be a wonderful opportunity, to have a look though a wide variety of scopes, and chat 'first hand' with the people that use them.

If you could contain your enthusiasm until then, it might save you, buying something, that you later wished you hadn't.

Not easy to sit and wait, once the 'bug' has bitten I know :( .

Do you not live near any of our members, who could give you the opportunity to look through a scope two, while you are waiting ?

Dave

Archived