SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stargazers Lounge April 2009 Spring Starparty Chat Thread...

Greg

:) Thats some Cross Country "Jaunt" Steve... :)

At the moment it looks like the early arrivals may get the best weather... I haven't decided if I'll take friday off work and pop up friday night into Saturday morning or Come up on Saturday and stay till Sunday morning...

For what its worth looking at the "home" and "SGL4" forecasts it looks like my best be is SGL4 Saturday into Sunday .... Clear at SGL cloudy at home...

Peter....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a chat with Stephen - we should hit around 16:00 on Friday....

Looking forward to getting onsite and setup. Agree with ya all, theres no point in not bringing all the kit - will only regret it if I don't!

Hell of a trek Steve! Whatcha gonna do if u get it the wrong way round? :) Hope to see you there one night or tother.

Richie

I need a bigger car!!! (and that's after swapping with Mike and bringing the estate!!!) and I haven't even started packing the clothes yet.....:) or the Burco

Helen <off to reorganise again>

I'm not convinced that all my kit will fit...:)

I have to do the school run in the morning..Then come back and load up!!!

There's 2 10" scopes a 120 frac EQ6...Heq5...Eq3...Ed80 plus kit..

I am guessing we will have a problem with other campers lights affecting us.

Steve, we can tell by your dancing what you are listening to anyways........ :)

See you all there, i'm leaving in the morning.

Well it's Wednesday night and I'm pretty much all packed. Tomorrow I'm giving part of a long scheduled talk for my local astro soc so there will be little time to pack on Thursday night. The subject of the talk - Star Parties (no kidding!). Dave and I hope to be on site before 11.00am on Friday as the site is less than an hours drive from my home in Worcester.

Be there or be square.

I suddenly had a thought (rare for me!) - I've found the site near Mordiford on Multimap, but have I asked for exact directions and where the site is and what it looks like? No, of course not!

Can anyone give me directions for the last stretch?

Alexxx

I'm not convinced that all my kit will fit...:)

I have to do the school run in the morning..Then come back and load up!!!

Me too, both! It's going to be a close thing!

How far do you have to drive? I'm from Buckingham.

I suddenly had a thought (rare for me!) - I've found the site near Mordiford on Multimap, but have I asked for exact directions and where the site is and what it looks like? No, of course not!

Can anyone give me directions for the last stretch?

Alexxx

Take the M50 from the M5 to the Welsh end (about 21 miles) and take the second exit (A449) at the roundabout at the end of the motorway (if I remember correctly it's signposted to Ledbury). After a bit less than 2 miles bare left onto the B4224 and follow that road for about 6.5 miles. The campsite is on the left before the junction with the B4399.

Take the M50 from the M5 to the Welsh end (about 21 miles) and take the second exit (A449) at the roundabout at the end of the motorway (if I remember correctly it's signposted to Ledbury). After a bit less than 2 miles bare left onto the B4224 and follow that road for about 6.5 miles. The campsite is on the left before the junction with the B4399.

Thanks Astronut!

I hope to be away at 5pm at the lastest so will be there latest 8pm if the traffic's bad . . . and I get lost - a certainty!! :)

There's quite a few of us here already now - don't be afraid to ask for help with setting up tents etc. I managed to get my tent set up in about 20 mins last night thanks to some help (Thanks Steve (Paxo) and Tony) - it normally takes about an hour.

James

Archived