SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stargazers Lounge April 2009 Spring Starparty Chat Thread...

Greg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking of bringing an electric dual Hot Plate.

It';s total power is 2,500 Watts. Both on would draw 10 Amps, but I shall only use the 1.5K plate, which pulls 6 Amps.

It will only be used to perhaps fry a breakfast, make Tea, Coffee,

Warm sausage and Beans etc. It will be used outside, but it will be made safe against any accidental contact.

Is there any restrictions on this appliance I should know about.

Cheers.

Ron.:)

... have a very "eclectic" music taste :)

I'll have headphones too... for some reason few people are entirely convinced by my liking for trance...:)

Actually, I always take my iPod to star parties but almost never get a chance to use it.

James

Cool :) iPod is therefore on the list as is headphones :) If I don't get to listen, nevermind....

Getting close now... Canna wait... Incidentally, that link someone (I forget who) posted re the cable requirements - I found another link for anyone who is interested: Kampa Mobile Triple Mains Unit from Tents and Camping Equipment by Camperite Leisure UK

Richie

A colleague at work has shown an interest in SGL4 - he's not a member of SGL, but has in the distant past been interested in Astronomy.

He lives not too far from the site - would it be OK for him, to pop by on one of the nights (edit) it's clear, so he could see what it was all about?

He's 'optically aware', if you know what I mean and would be conversant with all the 'Star Party Etiquette'.

Barry.

9pm on the night is a little far away normally!

Good point.... I like Barkis' idea - lets stick 2 fingers up at the way in the traditional salute, go anyway, have a roaring good time, come back and spam the forum into oblivion with what a wonderful time we've had :)

Sounds like a plan to me!

Cheers,

Richie

A colleague at work has shown an interest in SGL4 - he's not a member of SGL, but has in the distant past been interested in Astronomy.

He lives not too far from the site - would it be OK for him, to pop by on one of the nights (edit) it's clear, so he could see what it was all about?

He's 'optically aware', if you know what I mean and would be conversant with all the 'Star Party Etiquette'.

Barry.

Anyway....will this be in order?

Only it's my last chance to see him this week.

Barry.

Archived