Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGP 6D Plate solving?

I've been trying to platesolve in SGP with my 6d and a 200mm 2.8 lens. It's worked once or twice but the majority (99%) of the time it fails. Its using Planewave PlateSolve 2.29. Just wondering if anyone has any solutions? Not sure if it's specific to the DSLR or that its wide angle. It's just using standard settings, never had any issues with telescope. Any thoughts most appreciated. 

Platesolve 2 seems to prefer narrow FOVs, and often fails with DSLRs with lenses. The APT forum mentions this too. As bottletopburly says download ASTAP and the G17 star database. In SGP control panel platesolving tab select ASTAP from the drop down list. I believe it then asks you to then select where ASTAP was installed, or you may have to select settings to do that. You should find it platesolves your wide angle views much better.

Alan

• Thanks 1