SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

help with blob

Hi all, I arrived home to the delivery of my first telescope today, a redcat 51. I set it up and took it out side to see if I could take a picture, no stacking just one on a 60 second exposure. To be fair I am happy just to of found the Andromeda Galaxy. Anyway, when I have come inside and looked at the picture in photoshop there are 2 black blobs on the picture, anyone know what these are or would I be right in assuming they are dust particles on the sensor.  Any advice is welcome, Dave

7zZZ89N.jpg

Dont rely on my words as I'm relatively new to astrophotography (and to this forum) but having found the black blobs you refer to they do look like dust or some other form of contamaination on the sensor.

Read here about flats-

I'm not sure if flats will help with dust on the sensor because if the data is missing from the outset I dont think you'll retrieve it, what camera are you using?

44 minutes ago, Adrian J said:

Dont rely on my words as I'm relatively new to astrophotography (and to this forum) but having found the black blobs you refer to they do look like dust or some other form of contamaination on the sensor.

Read here about flats-

I'm not sure if flats will help with dust on the sensor because if the data is missing from the outset I dont think you'll retrieve it, what camera are you using?

Thanks for the reply, I am using a Canon 5dmk III