SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Manual mount for celestron C9.25

B_ickringill

Hi stargazers,

Looking for advice or experience!

I've a nice imaging set up - neq6 with either and ed80 or the c925 working away. It's well honed so I can leave it to do its job. So I'm thinking to get a mount that can be as grab and go as possible so I can mount up visually for the ed or c925. 

I think the alt az route is where I'd like to go. It seems that the skytee 2 could do the job? I've also seen a WO ez mount going second hand - would it take the c925? Or do i need to think bigger such as the losmandy az8 or rowan? Both a bit steep price wise and could have an neq6 for the same cash but would lose simplicity which is what I'm after. 

Any experience or advice greatly appreciated. 

Brendan 

The Skytee II should be OK but not a lot of spare capacity. Works best with loads of up to 10kg although the manufactirers rating is higher but real world use has found 10kg is better

BTW the Rowan AZ100 is a different class of mount to the Losmandy AZ8. The AZ100  is much heavier duty.

Edited by johninderby

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brendan

I've been through a similar thought process and recently ordered an AZ8 plus Weight System as an observing only setup for my OOUK CT8 which is about 10.5kg all up. At a future date I MAY add a Nexus DSC kit for stand-alone push-to 😃

I did consider the Skytee 2 very briefly but honestly I just wanted something better engineered, even if I didn't originally have Losmandy in mind!

The AZ100 looks fabulous but higher capacity than I needed  as @johninderby has said - it also costs a chunk more than an AZ8 once you add on a mounting plate, Berlebach tripod, counterweight setup etc. which is why I plumped for the AZ8....

Let me know how your thinking progresses,

Rob