Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cannot post images

dark knight

Sorry for being an idiot but is there any reason I cannot post images. I've tried UK astronomers site to do it and I've also tried the simple under additional options on this site but got a blank screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The file size is 986kb so there should be no problem.I also apologise if this has been dealt with before. :withstupid:

Hi. I'll do my best to guide you here.

If you are posting an image. Then select the Appropriate Imaging section, ie Lunar/ solar or deep sky.

Make sure your image is at a location on your computer ie in My Pictures.

Click on New Topic as if you were starting a topic yourself.

When the text box appears on your screen, directly below it, you will see.Click Here to Add Image

(Using UK Astronomers.) Click on it, and a Dialogue box will pop up. There are three boxes named

Photo (Browse)

Name Add a name for your picture here.

Tags You can Ignore this

First add a name for you pic. Any name will do. Then click browse, and locate your image fileon your computer.

Click on the file Then click Add Photo, which is at the bottom of the dialogue boxes in a Blue background .

It can take a while so wait until a load of text appears in the Photo box. When it appears, highlight it with your curser and copy it, Then place your curser in the Message box in SGL WHERE YOU WISH YOUR PHOTO TO APPEAR. this is usualy below any message you have written about the Image you are displaying.

Then paste it there.

Click preview to make sure everything is ok, then post your message and it will all appear on screen together.

I hope you are able to follow this.

One Important point, You must be a member of UK Astronomers for this to work. If not, the join. You must use your SGL username, but you can use a different passord. You will ocassionally be asked to log in to UK Astronomers when posting an Image.

If you get stuck, come back and we'll see if we can sort it.

Ron. :)

:thumbright: Ron you are a gent and a scholar,,,many,many thanks. I think the problem maybe because my user name on UK Astronomers is slightly different to the one I use here. On UKA I use Dark_Knight,, maybe only slightly different but perhaps because I use capital letters at the start of each word and an underscore between them, this maybe enough to create problems. what do you think??

:thumbright: Ron you are a gent and a scholar,,,many,many thanks. I think the problem maybe because my user name on UK Astronomers is slightly different to the one I use here. On UKA I use Dark_Knight,, maybe only slightly different but perhaps because I use capital letters at the start of each word and an underscore between them, this maybe enough to create problems. what do you think??

I don't think the username is case conscious, the password may well be. Try to log on to UK Astronomers without trying to download an Image. Experiment with Upper and lower case to verify what works for you, then when you know, try an image insert into SGL.

Ron. :)

Ron, I can't thank you enough. All sorted and my first pic of Venus, although not a good one, now posted. You are correct case sensitivity does not appear to be an issue. just log onto UKA, I then go to my photos, choose which one, click embed and copy theembed link into my new topic in SGL, easy dohhhh. :withstupid: Again many thanks

Ron I think your explanation should be made a sticky in the beginners section, what do you think?

I don't think that should be necessary. If anyone has difficulty logging on, they just have to

call for help, and someone will guide them along. If it gets to be an epidemic, then Admin. will provide an answer.

Cheers. Ron.

Archived