Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus area, again, Cornwall 16/10/20

Been away in Cornwall for a week, just outside of Marazion.

First night there was nice and clear and i had the benefit of a roof terrace/balcony so set up the Star Advenurer, Sony A57 and Minolta 50mm lens.

I was having issues polar aligning initially but think i was somewhere near, however i then had issues with power supply intermittency. Its either a dodgy USB cable or the socket on the SA itself.

Anyway all i managed was 18mins worth of 20s shots at iso 3200.  If i had more dark nights i would have had another crack but alas none were as good as the first night. Visually, naked eye was a treat too tbh. Milky way easily visible and M31 with averted vision also.

I used DSS, Startools and Topaz to end up with this effort.

Thanks for looking.

473386824_Cygnusarea161020.jpg.2701a90dccbb6cf5d1471dc96845686b.jpg

• Like 14

Nice rich star field. The North America nebula stands out well, and the nebulosity around Sadr.  It’s amazing what’s in Cygnus isn’t it. I reckon one clear night a week in Cornwall is doing quite well. :) 

• Like 1