SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ES IEXOS-100

What are peoples opinion on the ES iEXOS-100, I can pick one up used (good condition) for £250. I am on a budget as I am a teenager (no stable income stream) and was planning on spending around another 200-250 on a guide camera + guide scope for it.

Any opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Its a good portable mount, have a look here on the PMC - Eight Forum before you buy it.

I'd say the biggest hassle with this mount is Polar alignment.

1) There is no polar scope there is a tunnel thingi but I've never bothered looking through it, if you use Sharp cap or ASIAIR pro, then you have a chance at polar alignment

2) adjusting the Azimuth during polar alignment is difficult unless you invest in another £85 in one of these AZ adjuster

I've got good results and can easily carry the mount (including tripod) and telescope etc outdoors, I use it as portable setup.

• 3 months later...

Multiple issues with obtaining good tracking mount wobble and backlash issues. Lots of fiddling around and it’s a good beginner mount. For the price it’s decent. 

I have not had any help at all from questions to Explore Scientific directly around the binding of the worm gears and issues. In NZ so I’m on my own for servicing and no offers of parts or assistance so be wary of the support.