SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC281 - The Pacman Nebula

Buzzard75

I don't know all the specifics for this image, like which mount was used, as the raw data was provided by a friend of mine. He called me up late one night and wanted some help with processing in Pixinsight. What started out as a quick tutorial on a couple processes just to get him started turned into a 3.5 hour processing session. After that, I left him on his own to fully reprocess the data. He still had issues, but his image turned out alright. It was something I would have been happy with for one of my first Pixinsight images. I asked him to send me the data just so I could spend a bit more time on it and process it myself. I'm glad he did because it has been quite a while since I've done any sort of decent imaging runs. The weather has just been terrible. In any case, I spent several hours processing on my own and went through a few versions of the image before I finally came up with this one.

Tech specs that I know:

ZWO ASI1600MM
Explore Scientific ED127
150x180s Ha, 102x180s OIII, 54x180s SII
15.3 hours total integration

NGC281_PI2_PS3_FB3_1.jpg

• Like 6