Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First 'Real sighting'

Leegsi

Since I got my little scope at Christmas I have been looking at the moon and random 'stars' not really knowing what I was looking at.

Spent a few weeks reading and trying to learn what's up there and how to get the best from what I have.

Well tonight was the night for me to see through my scope The Pleiades (M45) :hello1: which all I knew up until 2 weeks ago was just a buch of 'stars'

Cant say how great the feeling was in finding/viewing and knowing what I was looking at.

So a great big thank you to this great site :mrgreen:

It's a great feeling, something else I found is you learn a lot more that you think. All it takes is a passer by to ask what you're doing and you find yourself telling them things you didn't know you knew.

Yep, Orion Nebula and Saturn should be right up there on your next targets list for sure!

Its a great feeling and you have got many more to come especially when the challenges get harder with certain targets.

Matt

Archived