Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lynds Dark Nebula 1251

tooth_dr

1,000 light-years away, this dusty molecular cloud is part of a dark nebulae complex within Cepheus

Luminance with Epsilon 180ed, RGB with ED80

This is the first time I've really struggled using the ED80 to get colour data.

I've attached the LRGB version, the L and RGB data.  I've since devised a more elaborate way of aligning the two scopes, so the misalignment seen here wont be an ongoing problem, and there was some sort of cock up with the guiding losing a star, and then moving frames.  Isnt there usually something with AP!!

CC welcome. 

Adam

Lynds-Dark-Nebula-1251-LRGB.thumb.jpg.4d5b954dcdbe869a69a0f1bd2e7a0709.jpg

Lynds-Dark-Nebula-1251-Lum.thumb.jpg.b8d736478db56da2114f49baa3642c6d.jpg

Lynds-Dark-Nebula-1251-RGB.thumb.jpg.12a9cf04abee4bc3bfa4fd443a306bf2.jpg

• Like 29

44 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

What a brilliant image Adam. Not overly stretched, beautiful star colours... Just perfect. 

What's your bortle scale if you don't mind me asking matey? 

Thank you very much 🙏🏻 I think it’s 4.  I do have an SQM I just haven’t got round to fitting it yet 😫

• Haha 1

Very nice Adam. 

This one is on my To Do list, but not yet had an opportunity to do it properly, except with my Samyang lens (together with the Shark) where it was far too small.

What amount of data did you collect for the luminance and RGB sets?

Carole 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thank you very much 🙏🏻 I think it’s 4.  I do have an SQM I just haven’t got round to fitting it yet 😫

Joy's of living in a Bortle 4 scale. I can not even think of imaging anything remotely rgb in my bortle 8 skies. 🤦‍♂️

On 25/10/2020 at 13:00, ollypenrice said:

Super image. Really good. The colour looks stronger in the LRGB than the RGB, maybe because you continued to push the colour after or during the combining with L?

Olly

Hi Olly. I did push the colour during combining, perhaps I should have done it first!?

Thanks

Adam. 

On 23/10/2020 at 08:41, carastro said:

Very nice Adam. 

This one is on my To Do list, but not yet had an opportunity to do it properly, except with my Samyang lens (together with the Shark) where it was far too small.

What amount of data did you collect for the luminance and RGB sets?

Carole 

Hello Carole, sorry for the delay in replying.

The luminance data was 85 x 3 minutes = 4 hours 15 minutes

And the colour as follows: red 18 x 5 minutes, green 18 x 5 minutes, blue 17 x 5 minutes = total RGB = 4 hours 25 minutes

Total integration time was 8 hours and 40 minutes.

34 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

Fantastic images as always. How are you aligning the two scopes? Are they on the same mount or two mounts? Just curious as been thinking of a dual setup for a while but doesn't look easy. 

Thanks very much.  The scopes are on the same mount, and are aligned using a very rudimentary system.  I dont have access to a lot of machines, so I make do with a pillar drill, a bench grinder, a set of hand files, and cheap set of threading taps.

I have also bought a set of feeler gauges to do the final vertical adjustments.  I'll post some photos later, its functional but not pretty.

On 22/10/2020 at 23:35, bob-c said:

A Very nice set of pics Adam.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi Olly. I did push the colour during combining, perhaps I should have done it first!?

Thanks

Adam. 

Well, the result's great so there's no problem.  But I do push the colour at the RGB stage myself, then maybe again later or during the iterative addition of Lum.

Olly

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Well, the result's great so there's no problem.  But I do push the colour at the RGB stage myself, then maybe again later or during the iterative addition of Lum.

Olly

Thanks Olly.  I do plan on continuing my process of using the ED80 for lum data so I think I need to work on that aspect of my imaging.