Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Televue Paracorr 2 & Panoptic 35mm

17 minutes ago, John said:

Apologies to @Captain Magenta / Magnus for diverting this thread onto my particular issues.

Thanks again for your interesting report :thumbright:

Totally no apology required John, but thanks anyway. I couldn't ask more than to get the responses and input from such as you and Don - I've certainly learned a lot more than simply discovering that my Paracorr improves my view.

M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, estwing said:

The highest power ethos I have is the 8mm so it made sense for me to have one...but as the photo shows the baseball bat effect doesn't look sensible!

Yep, you could have a serious KO experience if you forget you have that setup installed in the Feathertouch! 😁

22 hours ago, Marcel said:

Hi, i own a paracorr 2 and a delos 17,3 and 6mm. Does it make sense to buy a powermate too? 

Kind regards Marcel

I found that if I optimized the 21mm Ethos in setting A without the PowerMate that I could not find a focal point for the 21 with the PowerMate after the Paracorr, only before the Paracorr.

The Paracorr is supposed to be only in one place in the light cone of the scope, and the eyepiece's field stop is supposed to correspond to the focal plane of the Paracorr.

If I put the PowerMate after the Paracorr, I could not get the eyepiece in close enough to bring its focal plane to the correct position relative to the Paracorr.

So I used the PowerMate before the Paracorr.  It also looks like you are using setting B for the 21mm instead of A.

How did you determine the focal point of the Paracorr in the light cone from the primary?