sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Eyepieces, Barlows and FOV - How does it work? (Video)

Hi, i have made a video where i show a coople of eyepieces that i use and like, and also show how a barlow works, compared to the "Powermate" from Televue. And how is the FOV affected when changing the magnification with different eyepieces?

Feel free to comment and give me feedback - I hope you like the video!
/Daniel

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JemC
      Having a little clear out and slight change around so i have a few items that are surplus to requirements if anyone is interested,
      ALL payments to be made via:
      1st option - Bank Transfer
      2nd option - PayPal +3% to cover fees
      3rd option - cash on collection if reasonably local

Telrad Finder
      £25.00 with postage ( UK only )            SOLD
      Sky-Watcher 28mm LET 2" eyepiece              WITHDRAWN
      £15.00
      Sky-Watcher EQ6 Extension Tube for NEQ6 
      In a well used condition, purely cosmetic, could do with a good clean and re-paint but fully functional.      SOLD
      £30.00
      ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
      Pistol grip ball head, no longer required.
      This came off a Ravelli APGL4 tripod,                 SOLD
      £25.00
      ...............................................................................

thanks for looking.
    • By Stephenstargazer
      Interested to buy your 11mm Televue Delite in good condition, boxed and with caps. I can tolerate fair wear such as marks on the barrel but nothing on the coatings or glass.
      Put the money towards a Delos? 😈
    • By imtl
      I have a Televue Ethos 10mm and 6mm for sale. 450GBP each. 
      In pristine condition with boxes and end caps.
      Cheers

• By imtl
      I have an immaculate Panoptic 41mm with the original box and with end caps. It is in pristine condition. 375GBP. The retails is 500GBP.
      ** I also have a TV Ethos 10mm and 6mm for sale. Let me know if you are interested.
      Cheers

• By James1967
      Ok, after lots of research, I finally decided on the above and just ordered with FLO.  Now got a few weeks wait so can keep exploring the sky manually with by binoculars and learn as many pitfalls as possible about the Evo 9.25”.  The only accessory I ordered for now is a dew shield, but I’m expecting I will want to get a 2” visual back, star diagonal and wide angle eyepiece (possibly 0.63 focal reducer too) to get the max field of view possible when I so choose.  Any views on whether StarSense is worth it - it seems pretty simple to align without it (I may come to regret saying this)
      So why am I posting?  Just after any and all advice for a beginner, in particular regarding maximising field of view down the line (the relatively narrow FOV was the only real downside of the Evo 9.25” for me) and any recommended accessories to enhance my viewing pleasure over time.  Any other general top tips also very welcome. 
      I look forward to being able to help others in due course when I have something more than roughly zero knowledge and experience!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.