SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is there any difference between Saxon and Skywatcher?

Hi there,

Does anyone know the difference between Saxon and Skywatcher because my currently looking for a Dobsonian and the Skywatcher dobs are out of stock. So does Skywatcher have better quality then Saxon?

Kind Regards

37 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

So we have Saxon telescopes and Viking telescopes. What's next? Goth telescopes? All black, of course 🙂

Yes but the Vandal took the handle so no scope for a joke.

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

So we have Saxon telescopes and Viking telescopes. What's next? Goth telescopes? All black, of course 🙂

Are they similar to the Jute range of scopes?🤔🤣

So, basically, pick some ancient European tribal name name such as Thuringia, Ostrogoth, Visigoth, Alemanni, Pict, Suevi, etc. and slap it on a telescope sold in Europe?  By this reasoning, we'd be getting Koroa, Mohegan, Powhatan, Takelma, Wyandot, etc. branded telescopes here in North America.  I guess I better get started trademarking them.

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

Aztec would be a very good name for a scope brand. The Aztecs had a very advanced understanding of astronomy for their time. 🤔

Finding enough virgins to sacrifice for clear skies might be a challenge 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Louis D said:

So, basically, pick some ancient European tribal name name such as Thuringia, Ostrogoth, Visigoth, Alemanni, Pict, Suevi, etc. and slap it on a telescope sold in Europe?  By this reasoning, we'd be getting Koroa, Mohegan, Powhatan, Takelma, Wyandot, etc. branded telescopes here in North America.  I guess I better get started trademarking them.

With the shortage of scopes atm I think I got the final one in stock: the last of the Mohicans

• Haha 3

Ancient tribes aside (why does nobody mention the Belgae or the Frisii, even Ceasar knew they were the bravest - they still are 😇), I'm not familiar with the Saxon brand, but if they are Synta scopes as Peter says, they should be ok.