SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Philips SPC900 or SPC1330 ?

Zaphod_B

I used to use K3CCD Tools for capture and Registax for processing. But that was years ago now and no doubt things have moved on. You will only need the drivers from the Philips disk, don't worry about all their software.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ordered one of these from Pixmania too!

I'm not sure I will have much luck with the drivers for the Dlink Netqam 350 I am half way through modding. Lost my driver disk, managed to find some old Windows2000 ones on the internet, but cannot test them in XP as the cam is in pieces.

This looks like a much better bet than that old thing!

Wayne

Thanks very much John.

I wasn't lazy, I managed it find it shortly afterwards but was busy doing something else and didn't manage to edit my post in time. Nevertheless, thank you anyway.

Just waiting for an adapter from Telescope House and a clear night (!) and then I'll give it a go.

Thanks once again.

Clear skies!

Zaph

Personally I prefer K3CCD, you can download the free version at the bottom of this page, that version has everything you need and there's no reason to upgrade to the paid version.

I did purchase the latest version after nearly a year of using the free version, mainly because it's such an excellent piece of software and because the author deserves the reward for his continuing hard work (IMHO) :)

Ian

Craterlet is very simple and doesn't have many features. I use it purely for capture and then do processing with other apps so Carterlet is great for that. K3CCD has a huge range of bells and whistles and is pretty much a one stop shop for capturing and processing. It really depends on what your own preferences are.

Sam

Archived