Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Great guiding in normal PHD2, but ASIAir Pro guiding is a nightmare.

FiveByEagle

Hello!

Hope everyone's weekends are off to a great start. 

So these last two weeks of the EQ6-R have been a blast. Successfully imaged 4 targets in the front yard, and after uploading my guiding graph to the PHD2 guys and getting a collective thumbs up that everything is great I thought all was well. My pre-order for the ASI Air Pro came in, and after wiring it up we were ready to go for the clear skies tonight!

Unfortunately, it was not to be. The stripped down version of PHD that is in the Air just does not react like the one on my computer, at all. I tried my best to copy the settings from my computer to the Air, even bringing the laptop and comparing numbers. Balance is great, I use a small WO Z61 with EAF, 183MCPro, AsiAir, and 30mm Guide scope. All comes in at around 10lbs, and I used the same method and technique I have been using for a while.

I have averaged .70 RMS error from my house with the laptop and PHD2, and I averaged 1.14 RMS for 20 frames I captured before giving up and going to bed. Mind you, I paused the plan probably 10 times in between subs to check balance and re-calibrate.

Does anyone have experience with PHD2 on the ASI Air Pro to help me with the some tips? Because currently this is unusable.