Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help required 🙂

Hello dear SL members! My name is Mihail and I’m new at this forum and in astronomy 🙂 I have read a lot of SL topics about equipment for beginners and decided to buy a SW 250px classic version. However due to pandemic those models were out of stock and the next available delivery date supposed to be December - January.🙁 I will admit, I didn’t had enough patience to wait so long 😄 so I found and bought a good (Used) SW 250p telescope with AZ SynScan GoTo on eBay. The telescope itself is about 15 years old but it is in a really great condition. The only problem is that the synscan is not working due to faulty motor board as I’ve been told by previous owner. 🙂 I can still use the telescope without any problems, and point it to any required target manually. However I decided to ask your professional opinion dear SL  members about this board. How do you think, is it possible to get a new board for this telescope? (I couldn’t find any in internet) Or is it possible to fix it(previous owner tried, but unsuccessfully)? I don’t know what exactly happened to this board. Please see attached photos. And thank you in advance. 🙂

Mihail

1A60FD0B-516F-44A4-9D8E-12B3C03FE34F.jpeg

E7795927-19AA-44BD-BB99-D1C768205E7F.jpeg

1 hour ago, doublevodka said:

There is a guys on the astro buy and sell groups on facebook that does electronics repairs for mounts etc, may be worth a look and a bit less expensive 👍

What if one isn't on facebook?  Any other way to contact such repair people?

One of the options would be to ditch these dead boards and the SynScan controller altogether, and opt for a DIY EQMod Ascom system design, which will drive your mount's motors directly from a computer (just google for these words for more details). Surely, depends on your DIY potential.

• Thanks 1