sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

COMPLETED - COMPLETED - FOUND Vixen HR 3.4mm Eyepiece Wanted

I am looking for a Vixen HR 3.4mm eyepiece. I have a 2.4 and it is great on a good night, but usually a bit too much power for my FLT132.

Is there a chance you have one that you don't use?

Thanks for looking

Ian B

Edited by astronomer2002
Found via abs

The one on abs was not from the UK and close to new price. Posted an ad on abs this morning and got an offer straight away. It's on the way tomorrow in time for Mars (hopefully)

I'm sure a lot of high priced short eyepieces never get used so it surprises me how difficult they are to get hold of. Just hope this is the last eyepiece purchase for me!

Ian B

Edited by astronomer2002
pressed enter too soon
  • Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By imtl
      I have a Televue Ethos 10mm and 6mm for sale. 450GBP each. 
      In pristine condition with boxes and end caps.
      Cheers

• By imtl
      I have an immaculate Panoptic 41mm with the original box and with end caps. It is in pristine condition. 375GBP. The retails is 500GBP.
      ** I also have a TV Ethos 10mm and 6mm for sale. Let me know if you are interested.
      Cheers

• By JemC
      Hi all,
      As i am soon to be the proud owner of a Vixen Polarie star tracker i am looking for some advice from the experts here on SGL with regards to widefield imaging with the Vixen Polarie.
      I will initially be using it with a modified Canon 600D so am looking for advice on which lens would be best suited to use with it, I have already been pointed in the direction of the Samyang 135mm which by all accounts is a pretty good contender, so aside from that particular lens what other/s would you recommend that are Canon fitting,
      Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By DeepSkyMan
      Guys

just wondering what options are available for me to upgrade the standard SXW Vixen clamp to enable it to accept Losmandy style dovetails.  I recently acquired a CGE dovetail that I would like to use with my 8” Edge.

Kind Regards
      Paul

• By DeepSkyMan
      Hi there everybody, hope you are all keeping sane during COVID.  As already revealed in an earlier thread I will be building an observatory this year.  Whilst it’s a bit early for the exterior elements of the build, I’m keeping busy putting together all the accessories I will need from an interior perspective.  In doing so I’ve discovered a couple of thorny issues.
      1/.  I will need a 2.1mm power lead from Vixen to connect up to my new Pegasus UPB2; oh and just saying, what a fantastic piece of kit it is too.  If needs be I can always buy in the whoppingly over-priced AC/DC adapter from Vixen, however I really would like to power everything from a central core, rather than adding to the electrical spaghetti with independent power units.
      2/.  There is also an issue with my Atik Horizon.  Due to the fact that my little SXW is already stressed to the max, I can’t go with the preferred format of mounting the UPB2 on the mount or OTA, instead I will have to locate it as high up the pier as I can, which means that the power cable needs to be longer.  In addition, I will need to source a power lead from somewhere that will interface to the UPB2 and the Atik.  Had a look on the Atik website and there don’t seem to be any options in this regard.
      So I’m hoping that someone has had to deal with similar issues in the past and will be able to offer some much needed advice.😀

Kind Regards
      Paul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.