Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

AstroRuz

COMPLETED - (sold) Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro £650 reduced price

For sale is my beloved but now superfluous to requirements HEQ5 Pro for £650

It's in a used condition as you would imagine. I've had it for about 4 years and found great success with this mount. Ideal for those beginning astrophotography and also good for visual users.

I'm calling it "deluxe" due to the upgrades I've had done.

- It's belt modified
- It's had brand new bearings and grease
- The backlash has been expertly setup 
- It has the latest polar scope
- The power port has been replaced with an aviation style port which is a lot more secure

It'll come with the hand controller and at least 1 counterweight (if I can find the second it'll come with both). The polar scope cover has been lost. The counterweight is rusty as always. There is some marring on the counterweight bar housing as shown in the photos.

It also will come with the modified power cable required also.

Note: the power LED sometimes doesn't illuminate but the mount is still powered (please see the photo with the hand controller).

Collection or local delivery within Northampton

HEQ5-1.jpg

HEQ5-2.jpg

HEQ5-3.jpg

HEQ5-4.jpg

HEQ5-5.jpg

HEQ5-6.jpg

HEQ5-7.jpg

Edited by AstroRuz
Forgot to add price
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, szymon said:

You didn’t put a price Ruzeen 😉 

Aha whoops ;) thank you!

Worth it for the power port that looks like a Jawa:

Jawa.jpg

• Haha 4

Hi. I'm interested in this. Is it still for sale Ruzeen?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vectoron
      Finally got to image Mars this year after some appauling weather in the UK. 
      This was my first time out using the ZWO ASI 224MC on a very cold eve.  I think i've probably the maxed out my equipment (Skywatcher 200p) and the location (back garden in the middle of an estate) for this image, so pretty pleased with the results.  Its 15% of 11000 frames stacked using Autostakkert, and Registax used to bring out some detail.
      Equipment used:
      Skywatcher 200p with dual speed focuser, EQ5 mount with dual axis motors Tal x3 Barlow ZWO ASI224mc with IR Filter  Lenovo x270 laptop running SharpCap  Image Processed in Autostakkert, Registax and photoshop   

• By onevelvet
      Good evening all, I am looking for help/ advice on a telescope I have had for a few years and don't know how to set up , it is a SkyWatcher and had a motor and something which looks like one can set up co-ordinates with, can anyone shed any light on this ? 
      Thank in advance,
      Chris. 

• By Brownthunder93
      Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement counterweight bar/shaft for my EQ5 mount? 
    • By Astro_Dad
      Looking forward to receiving my 102MC in the next few days/weeks depending on supply. Does anyone have any experience, tips/advice?  Looks like a good grab and go particularity for planetary observation - interesting “next generation” mount. 
    • By JoeS81
      Hi everyone,
      I'm completely new to telescopes and know nothing but I want to learn and I need some advice!
      I have a budget of £200 which I can't stretch. I really like both the Skywatcher Heritage 150p and SW Skyliner 150p which I believe has been along longer than the Heritage.
      I would like to take the scope out occasionally to dark skies (so the heritage would be easier to transport) but with 2 very young children at home the reality is that I will mostly be using the scope in the back garden.
      Obviously both scopes are 150p but come with different accessory spec (specs below).... please could someone advise which would give me the most bang for my buck?!

Heritage 150p:
      Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x30 & x75
      Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
      Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
      Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)
      Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
      Parabolic Primary Mirror
      3-arm Secondary Mirror Spider Support
      Red Dot Finder
      Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount
      Collapsible/ Extendable Tube Assembly
      Weight Approx 7.5kg
      Supplied with Gift Box
      33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
      Skyliner 150p:
      Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120 Highest Practical Power (Potential): x306 Diameter of Primary Mirror: 153mm Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/8) Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm Parabolic Primary Mirror 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports 6x30 Finderscope Direct SLR Camera Connection Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray 73% more Light Gathering than 114mm Many thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.