sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - (sold) Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro £650 reduced price

For sale is my beloved but now superfluous to requirements HEQ5 Pro for £650

It's in a used condition as you would imagine. I've had it for about 4 years and found great success with this mount. Ideal for those beginning astrophotography and also good for visual users.

I'm calling it "deluxe" due to the upgrades I've had done.

- It's belt modified
- It's had brand new bearings and grease
- The backlash has been expertly setup 
- It has the latest polar scope
- The power port has been replaced with an aviation style port which is a lot more secure

It'll come with the hand controller and at least 1 counterweight (if I can find the second it'll come with both). The polar scope cover has been lost. The counterweight is rusty as always. There is some marring on the counterweight bar housing as shown in the photos.

It also will come with the modified power cable required also.

Note: the power LED sometimes doesn't illuminate but the mount is still powered (please see the photo with the hand controller).

Collection or local delivery within Northampton

HEQ5-1.jpg

HEQ5-2.jpg

HEQ5-3.jpg

HEQ5-4.jpg

HEQ5-5.jpg

HEQ5-6.jpg

HEQ5-7.jpg

Edited by AstroRuz
Forgot to add price
  • Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By guydive
      Hey all,
      I'm considering the 250PDS. The main use is visual, and the second is EAA (I currently use a zwo183mm). 
      What I'm hesitant about is the primary focus. since It's mostly for visual, I'm wondering on how much back focus it has compared to the standard Skywatcher 10" dobsonians? with the standard dobsonias with the same optics and focuser you already need an extension tube for most eyepieces...
      Also, there's probably a "bigger" obstruction (bigger shadow on primary)? 
    • By AngHor
      I have a SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 mount. It’s all working fine, except I have an issue with alignment. This applies whether I’m in EQ or Alt-Az mode.
      I set it up using  one or two star align without problems.
      However if I use the handset to GoTo another object, I usually need to do fine tuning adjustments to centre on the new object. But the mount disregards these adjustments, so if I use the GoTo system to centre on a nearby object, or revisit the original object a second time, it’s still off by the same amount.
      How do I tell the mount that I have centred on the new object and that it should now be aligned with that object ? 
      My iOptron MiniTower has a feature that does exactly this – once set up correctly and aligned, for each new object I go to there is an “ALIGN” option, and if I use this it now knows the correct position. Can I do this with SkyWatcher and Synscan ?
      Thanks. Angelo
    • By JenP04
      Hi, 
      Please forgive me in advance for my newbie and potentially frustrating question here! 
      I have got an HEQ5 mount for my skymax 180 that I was given for Christmas. We have tried following many YouTube videos and reading what we can to get this set up and polar aligned and feel like we are missing something fundamental as when we go to then star align with the GOTO remote, it points at the floor instead of the moon or the star we are trying to align to. So far we have used 5 freezing nights of trying to do these things to no avail and it is rather frustrating and extremely disappointing!
      So I am wondering please, what is the best way for me to actually set this thing up so we can finally enjoy using the scope? Do I need to have Home position sorted before I've aligned so once we have (hopefully) done that then we can navigate everything easier? Is that potentially what we are missing? 
      With lockdown i dont have a handy shop to visit or anyone else that knows how to do this and while I am sure patience is a virtue, I feel so overwhelmed by it all! Any advice or recommendations on what to watch or do to help us are gratefully received!
      Again, I am sorry for being such a newb, I am hopeful once we crack this it will become second nature over time! Thank you!

• By Corpze
      Made a new video, this is a Astro Systeme Austria specific video, which has direct driven servo motors.
      To get them to perform perfectly and be able to track unguided, you have to tune theese motors.

I made a quick video of how the three different methods is working in the "Autoslew" software to run theese mounts.
      Maybe this method of tuning mount motors is related to other brands which has direct driven mounts? 

Best regards / Daniel

• By Planetarian
      Hi, I've got a Skywatcher Heritage 130p reflector, and if i insert anything less than 10mm eyepiece, the image won't get crisp. I guess it's normal, but as I'm very new to astronomy, I'd like to know what the sharpness depends on exactly. 
      Is that the focal length (how fast the telescope is? ) or the size of the mirror and how much light it gathers? Or both affect it the same way?  
      Are things the same with refractors in this regard? Thanks. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.