Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

asteria

COMPLETED - SOLD Celestron CG5 GOTO Mount, Tripod and Power Pack

Hi there - I'm selling my Celestron CG5 GOTO mount with the Celestron 7aH power pack. I have upgraded to a more modern Skywatcher mount. The mount is in good working order and in pretty good cosmetic shape. I've powered it up and it works fine. It comes with the polarscope fitted.

The last time I used the mount it ran right through the evening without any noticeable degradation in the power supply. However, the power pack is a good few years old so I'm not sure how much life it has left in it. The main reason that I'm selling the power pack is that the new mount needs a more beefy supply.

One of the thumbwheels on the counterweights broke and I have repaired it with araldite. The dovetail clamp is scratched and there are various other marks due to age and wear.

This mount has only been used for visual astronomy since I have owned it. Three star alignment makes for very accurate goto finding.

A previous owner possibly overloaded it for astrophotography so one of the altitude bolts was bent when I bought it on the Lounge. I replaced this with an ordinary bolt and it's been fine. Once it's set it doesn't need adjusting unless you take the mount to a location distant from your usual observing place. I think this problem is relatively common if the mount is subject to heavy loads.

This mount has the heavy duty tripod which adds to stability.

I've owned this for around ten years since I purchased it second-hand.

Do get in touch if you have any questions. I would prefer this to be collected, but perhaps we could do something with delivery if relatively local. I'm in East Devon.

£350.00

IMG_24601.thumb.JPG.4ec7a51f843c1baad3d411252b2e02c8.JPGIMG_24791.thumb.JPG.de2892805dcc86f70d249322fde30aad.JPGIMG_24541.thumb.JPG.20dc53f312cb7c011180ce786fdabeaa.JPG

IMG_24801.thumb.JPG.e0a9d09d8f49ddadba506f99f31d4a7b.JPG

Edited by asteria
Now sold

Thanks - I've sent a reply. Best wishes. Ed

This item has now sold. Thanks for your interest. Ed