SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LBN325 HaOO RGB

groberts

I finished this image yesterday, my first mainly processed in PixInsight, and wanted to say thanks to those that helped from time-to-time answering my questions as I battled with PI.  I can see the power and benefits of PI but boy is it a x%#*! to learn.  In my case after numerous false starts I've spent much of the summer  working through various online tutorials (Light Vortex was best but difficult to follow on screen) when finally through persistance and the arrival in the post of Rogilio Bernal Andreo's (RBA) great new box set books Mastering Pixinsight I think I've now completed the first pitch (for those who know rock climbing!) but still have more of the mountain to climb!  For anyone starting out + even experienced astronomers, I can't recommend RGA's book enough, it's a game changer.

The Deneb-Sadr HII region is rich pickings for astroimaging and I shot this in September.  It's actually 90% PI and 10% DSS for calibraiton and stacking (tried PI and it's just too long winded even with batch processing) and inevitably PS to finesse some of the final colours.  Anyhow thanks again + for more image info see my website and full resoultion on Astrobin:

https://watchthisspaceman.wordpress.com/

https://www.astrobin.com/aph6e9/?nc=user

Thanks again, Graham

LBN 325 HaOO in the Cygnus Constellation September 2020.png

• Like 10