sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

COMPLETED - TRADED - Primaluce 72ED w peli-style case [RMSD NOW INCL in UK / PRICE REDUCTION FOR PICKUP]

Hello,

For sale is my little widefield 72ED apochromatic doublet (f6, 432mm f/l) together w Peli-style case & diagonal.  The OTA & case were bought brand new earlier this year, it's a really nice scope - light, with a solid two-speed Hybrid Drive 2" focuser with a very healthy 95mm of travel, and on-axis lock to keep things gripped & centred.  The two-speed focuser is brilliant (and can of course be modded w a Sesto Senso for autofocus for AP).

The healthy amount of travel available means that it can also be BV'd with a 1.25" diagonal and a 2.5x powermate - by my calculations a 1.7x GPC and a Baader prism will also work.  A 1.25" Lunt Herschel wedge also finds focus with it.

So it is a very versatile scope that is also great for widefield AP (downsampled example shot below - pls forgive my processing, this was at the beginning of my AP journey when I was even more of a newbie).  Also included a moon shot from earlier this week.

Looking for GBP320 collected or GBP350 w RMSD (UK only), which also now includes a 2" diagonal.  (Note, the diagonal has a black mark towards the edge of one mirror - see photo - I have no idea what it is or if it can be removed, but I have left it alone b/c it is not visible in a 1.25" or 2" EP as it is close to the edge).

Prefer collection, but am happy to drive a reasonable distance around Greater London & surrounding area for handover.  RMSD/Handover need to be done by Wed 4 Nov latest given lockdown.  This is now a bargain price for a scope & case & diagonal & delivery so I shan't be going lower.

Cheers,

Vin

[Note: the WO diagonal in one of the photos in the peli-case is not for this sale - will be sold separately - the diagonal in the standalone photos is for sale]

[PS - happy to consider trades or px depending on what you have. I'd be particularly interested in a Baader prism diagonal (depends on optical length) and a 1.7x GPC]

OdMKAyYESeuDYMvLgov71A.jpg

NYk4rsb4Qu6JRfXvMqeX1A.jpg

Regb4nycQtCt+U%7V6UPug.jpg

XfQYlvu3QpWGF6hPvlyLAQ.jpg

ugSpvdjMQVSvYN675uT73w.jpg

NGC884_DSS_PI_GIMP_downsampled.jpg

2020-10-27-2006_3-Moon_lapl6_ap864_imppg_gimp.jpg

8aIfA1sCSIak1MHrVcw7Tw.jpg

nvCt19f2RlODMHbJlOGGcw.jpg

zHiLd2wjTRaBMgaK0Xh6pg.jpg

0%hOoou8QkCXJPLxn2uYhg.jpg

Edited by vineyard
Price reduction for collection (or UK RMSD incl)

Last bump for SGLers. Given that England will probably end up having a circuit-breaker lockdown (if Wales & Scotland doing so) then might be worth getting delivery or handover sorted before that starts, so that you can use it during "Lockdown: The Sequel".

2 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

@vineyardSomeone is looking for a 72mm scope on the FB Astro selling page.

Ah. My problem is that I haven't been on FB in years and really don't want to go back on - if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell - it'll be pity that it doesn't get used, but I can keep it for narrow-band imaging in the future 😇  Thank you for the head's up though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, This is a shot in the dark, would you consider an exchange for my immaculate Zeiss Telementor 2. Complete with some fittings for 11/4” eyepieces. But mounted on a TAL heavy tripod , as original was lost in transit.  Can send photos if of interest. Kind regards, John.

24 minutes ago, sungazer said:

Hi, This is a shot in the dark, would you consider an exchange for my immaculate Zeiss Telementor 2. Complete with some fittings for 11/4” eyepieces. But mounted on a TAL heavy tripod , as original was lost in transit.  Can send photos if of interest. Kind regards, John.

Replied via PM.