Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky's The Limit

sputniksteve

1 hour ago, sputniksteve said:

Does anyone have any experience with this supplier? I found a reference to them in an old blog and they have some BST Starguider's in stock. But I've never heard of them and want to be sure that it is trustworthy.

A good place to buy the Starguiders & other stuff. Alan has despatched all my orders in good time and answered any queries promptly. A reliable supplier to deal with and excellent pricing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

A good place to buy the Starguiders & other stuff. Alan has despatched all my orders in good time and answered any queries promptly. A reliable supplier to deal with and excellent pricing.

Brilliant. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

I recently bought off his eBay site, he has said elsewhere that his own website is cheaper, it didn't seem to be at the time.
Either way, I couldn't find Starguiders cheaper anywhere else, and the service was very efficient. Obviously he only stocks a few lines, as you can see.

As a beginner with a limited amount of cash and a nasty suspicious mind, I saw the 'Sky's the Limit' listing when I went looking for an 8mm eyepiece, but with it being a small setup , I  'phoned the number given on the site rather than type my credit card details in over the www. Had a lovely chat with Alan, who is a very nice chap, and had him take my order over the 'phone (which was a novelty for him !)

The EP arrived around a week later, and I e-mailed him my thanks, but mentioned that his own site says it will always be cheaper than his ebay shop, but adding the postage to my direct order actually made it more than ebay. I said I wasn't complaining at all, just pointing it out, but he promptly refunded me a couple of pounds, and I see there was some sort of special coupon code added to his site soon after that to reduce the prices a bit.

I'll not hesitate to buy from him again.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2020 at 15:33, Zermelo said:

I recently bought off his eBay site, he has said elsewhere that his own website is cheaper, it didn't seem to be at the time.
Either way, I couldn't find Starguiders cheaper anywhere else, and the service was very efficient. Obviously he only stocks a few lines, as you can see.

I couldn’t see it cheaper on his own page either and, in fact, the P&P was 99p more!  But, like you, I couldn’t find the Starguiders cheaper — or even in stock — anywhere else. Bought the 8mm via eBay and am eagerly awaiting delivery later in the week. 

9 hours ago, sputniksteve said:

I couldn’t see it cheaper on his own page either and, in fact, the P&P was 99p more!  But, like you, I couldn’t find the Starguiders cheaper — or even in stock — anywhere else. Bought the 8mm via eBay and am eagerly awaiting delivery later in the week. 

Mine was the 8mm, I've been very happy with it.   Just ordered the 18mm, which is supposed to be the best of the set.

• Like 1

18mm Starguider recently and other stuff in the past, 100% genuine company, they were the first to introduce this eyepiece to UK if I remember correctly, as what happens others have jumped on the wagon and pinched some of his crumbs.

Most of my BST eyepieces were bought from Auntie FLO, but where there's been a shortage of stock, etc. I've bought from Sky's The Limit.  I think I've bought 3 from him, if I remember correctly.🤔  I've never had an issue with either retailer.  I'd certainly use him again, if I was specifically after something that no one else had in stock.

On 18/10/2020 at 23:37, sputniksteve said:

I didn’t see the special coupon code thing 😖

I just went back and looked, and it seems to have evaporated. The site is not exactly slick !

I'd contact him by e-mail and query it if the 'cheaper than ebay' guarantee appears to not hold, this is the contact page I used

https://www.skysthelimit.org.uk/#xl_xr_page_index

Heather

• Like 1