Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

kevenh

Are all Revelation eyepieces GSO made? 32mm example

A week or so I good I did some preliminary research for a decent 32mm eyepiece.  Looking at my results today I went for budget but decent.

I have ended up with a shortlist of: -

Revelation 32.0mm Plossl Eyepiece 1.25"
Celestron 93323 1-1/4-32 mm Omni Series Eyepiece
Baader Planetarium 32 mm Classic Ortho Eyepiece

My query today as I recheck my findings is the Revelation one.  That is coming up at almost half the price of the other two (at www.telescopehouse.com)

But this eyepiece made my shortlist due to positive comments about the GSO build.
So, finally, my question, does the purchase price suggest this 32mm isn't a GSO?

No rush here.  It's a wish list not a need list - as I remind myself... lol

Just ask the retailer if the eyepiece is marked as Taiwan or China.

• Like 1

I believe the Revelation plossls are made by GSO. They are well priced and decent eyepieces. The couple of Celestron Omni plossl eyepieces that I've owned also seemed very much like the Revelation / GSO ones, apart from the anodised grey/silver body colour.

The Baader 32mm plossl is very different in look and feel. Not a GSO product I think. The field of view of the Baader is noticeably smaller than the other two plossls that you have listed.

I would add another to your list if you can get one within budget and that is the Vixen NPL 30mm. Not quite a 32mm but a nice low power eyepiece.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kevenh
      So the little circular bubble level is weak.
      But how to improve the levelling stage a head of the alignment stage?
      A traditional level like this one
      Or a simple multi purpose one like this one?
      And we do this on the tripod before adding the mount & OTA?
      The mount looks gently curved. How do we check that for level or do we trust the ‘fit’?
    • By Matt1981g
      Hi 
      I’m attempting to get back into astronomy, previously owned a 150pl reflector but parted company with it several years ago, I like the idea of a Cassegrain style as one of the big factors Of letting the 150pl go. was storage and transportation of It! I am interested in mostly visual observations but would look to take a few pictures here and there OF planets and easy nebula/DSO., I feel that a Schmidt-Cassegrain would be the best suited, my main stumbling point is should I get the 5 or 6 version. Is the 6 under mounted? And is it worth the extra cash, obviously there’s a higher light gathering power on the 6 but would it be much better than the 5, I see that the % of lens obstruction on the seems high! As the secondary mirror looks to be the same size on both 40% vs 14%! Obstruction by area. Any guidance would be very appreciated. I’m not against the idea of upgrading the mount in the future to a eq5 maybe? But want in usable to start with.

• By Dodger3k
      Hi all, looking for some help please! 🙏 I have a wedge for my 8SE and when using EQ North to align it, it says it is slewing to Vega but ends up all the way over at Polaris!?  Any ideas? 🤞🏻 Thanks in advance! 😊

I have updated the firmware, Mount is pointing at north, have inputted my latitude and longitude, I have tried picking the nearest city too and nothing seems to work! 😟
    • By stthomse
      Hi all.
      I have just bought a Celestron 18771-CGL power tank to allow me to get out to the dark skies of the South Downs with my Nexstar 8SE. This is a great bit of kit because it's so light and portable and powers the scope for hours no problem. However, I've also been thinking about getting a dew heater and the only downside of the power tank is it's lack of a second 12v output. I was looking on the First Light Optics website and they sell a DC splitter cable to allow two devices to be powered from a single output. I'm not an electrician obviously, but logical tells me if the dew heater controller is also a 12v device there should be no problem running both the scope and the heater at the same time other than draining the battery faster. Is anyone using a splitter cable in this way? Or can anyone confirm my logic is flawed?
    • By J47
      Hi my name is Jay, new to all and any forums, lol. Not sure where to start so here I go. I have a few questions about Sirius the double star while observing through my Nexstar 4se telescope using a 2x Barlow and my neximage burst color. While I was able to capture quite stunning results of the star Sirius, this morning before sunrise, I was curious though as to if I might have incorrectly focused my scope on the star or if this image is a clear image of the star? I will attach a brief 7-8 second video I took this morning. It was the first time I had gotten to focus my scope on the star as it kept drifting before but I solved the drifting issue as a result of improper anti-backlash. But now back to the video, was wondering if any of you could help determine if I properly focused on the star because from what I see the star appears to be in the shape of an out-of-control atom in the video and at the center it is black, is this the observing of a quasar? Thanks for all the help in advance if anyone stops by thanks for the time and efforts here's the video.
      star.avi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.