Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31's Bermuda Triangle

tomato

While waiting for the clouds to clear to finish my 12 panel M31 mosaic project, I thought I would use a couple of the panels already captured to fix one dodgy panel on an earlier 6 panel version.

When APP put out the finished article I got this, can you have such a thing as a triangular black hole?😄

M31_6panelhybrid_mosaicLum-Luminance-session_1-St.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, tomato said:

can you have such a thing as a triangular black hole?

I think Roger Penrose could probably prove mathematically that triangular black holes are  not only possible but are an inevitable consequence of General Relativity.  😄

Edited by lenscap
typo
  • Haha 1

On 16/10/2020 at 18:01, Craney said:

Only ones that looks like this....

Penrose triangle - Wikipedia

;) 

That’s a very nice event horizon. I have only one problem with it; the shadow side of the event horizon is darker than the black hole. Is that proof that there is Hawking radiation?

22 hours ago, gorann said:

Great resolution with the 12 panels - almost as good as a one shot with the RASA😁😉

If I ever get the darn thing finished, I intend to post it alongside a ~4 hr version taken with the RASA 8 and QHY 268c and see what folks make of the comparison...

3 hours ago, Paul M said:

Can you not fix it with a Pritt Stick and some glitter?

Don’t tempt me, I was close to copying and pasting a bit of the galaxy to fill the hole, but I do have some principles😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1