Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Founder Optics scopes

Just watching the instructional videos for the Scopetech Zero mount. Some feature a rather snazzy looking triplet OTA by Founder Optics: https://scopetown.jp/2019/10/2487/

I presume a branded ver of a generic scope. Anyone know of it?

The OTA mounting bling looks lovely in that shade of green. And that carry handle looks stunning, @johninderby!

Understated this is not! 

• 10 months later...

Just seen a review of this scope in bbc sky at night. Gets the thumbs up, however the interesting part is the TOA like design.

This ask’s the question what’s the difference with the FLO version.

Made in the same factory but do they have the same lens cell? 

8 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

Just seen a review of this scope in bbc sky at night. Gets the thumbs up

Everything gets the thumbs up in a SaN review. I don't find them very helpful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deadlake said:

Just seen a review of this scope in bbc sky at night. Gets the thumbs up, however the interesting part is the TOA like design.

This ask’s the question what’s the difference with the FLO version.

Made in the same factory but do they have the same lens cell? 

Would be interesting to know what the lens spacing is like. The TOA uses large air gaps between its elements in what looks like a modern take on a Cooke Triplet but that kind of arrangement is more prone to losing collimation so you need a very substantial cell to keep everything in the right place and collimation screws to adjust things if there was a problem.

8 hours ago, Andrew_B said:

Would be interesting to know what the lens spacing is like

They are described here:

https://digiborg.wordpress.com/2020/11/17/founder-optics-super-triplet/

The scope is inspected at the factory and by the designer as noted here by a beta tester.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/740611-founder-optics-triplets/#entry11089284

widescreen centre is UK distributor.

Edited by Deadlake
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Slightly off topic, but the family resemblance with the early Altair scopes is uncanny, the metallic rims. Not sure if there is somekind of connection or not ? 

starwave.jpeg

The Altair scopes are also made by Long Perng. So they, the Founder Optics and the StellaMira scopes are likely all made in the same factory.

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Made in the same factory but I think the key difference is the testing done afterwards by the various retailers. 

And the manufacturing specs given to LP by those placing the orders

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nice! Thanks for sharing. You need to install the scope correctly and qualitatively to work. That's why we need a good torque wrench. I didn't think this set of wrenches played such an essential role in the rifle's operation. It will help you mount your scope well. It was complicated for me to find one that I would like and satisfy. Some friends of mine, who also have weapons, recommended that they take this kit according to the recommendations on ballachy.com. They say they are high quality, and I will probably try to buy equipment from their top.

Edited by nudsenma