Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M16, colourful eagle

emyliano2000

Earlier in the year when my planned north america mosaic was a bit too low, I managed to squeeze in some data on the Eagle nebula. 

I was planning to make it SHO but cygnus was getting higher in the sky and I had to stop shooting the eagle and concentrate on the mosaic. 

Last night I had a look at the data and had a go at it even though I would've loved to have a bit more Oiii. 

So this is 69x300sec Ha with the ASI294MC and AT106LE, 22x300sec Ha and 39x300sec Oiii with the QHY183M and TS65Q 

WebExport_2048px_M16---HOO1-(watermark).png.thumb.png.e582d38f22e60fd1c2024e5c47dede7b.png

Full resolution here https://www.astrobin.com/full/nc8rz1/0/

Emil

• Like 21

Thank you.

Looking forward for next year to add some sii to it and maybe some more Oiii too. Maybe until then Baader will go back to manufacturing the ultra-narrowband oiii for which I paid in December last year and I still don't have it. 

Emil

Maybe until then Baader will go back to manufacturing the ultra-narrowband oiii for which I paid in December last year and I still don't have it. 

Crikey, I am wanting one of those and have been waiting for them to come back in stock, but I haven't paid for it yet.  I wonder what the hold up is, can't all be to do with lock down.

Carole 

10 minutes ago, carastro said:

I wonder what the hold up is, can't all be to do with lock down.

I have no idea. I emailed them a couple of times but they didn't even bother to reply. 

I was actually thinking of selling the Ha and Sii ultra-narrowband and getting the Antlia 3.5nm set but I'm still not very convinced they are better and on top of that I would lose out a lot from selling them. 

Emil 

I was actually thinking of selling the Ha and Sii ultra-narrowband and getting the Antlia 3.5nm set but I'm still not very convinced they are better and on top of that I would lose out a lot from selling them. 

I have the Ha only at the moment.  I messaged Baader two nights ago because my luminance filter has fallen out of it's mounting and need advice on fixing it back.  Not heard back from them, so if you are getting no response and they are not getting made, it makes me wonder whether they have gone into Lockdown/ are sick or maybe even struggling with all the CV problems.

Carole  

Ah, Just had a reply from Baader and this is their official statment regarding the filters:

Regarding the filter delay, here the official statement of our company:

Unfortunately COVID has also caused problems for us. Nevertheless, the production of many articles had to be stopped temporarily because supply chains are interrupted again and again at various points. Unfortunately, this affects especially high-tech suppliers such as our filters.

We ask for your understanding for this situation and would like to assure you that we ourselves are working everywhere to solve the supply problems for the components of our products and especially for the filter production and to bring our delivery capacity back to a normal level. Especially for the filters the delays are due to a very costly product development. The appearance of more and more sensitive CMOS cameras with smaller and smaller pixel sizes forces us to bring the filters, which have proven themselves up to now, to a new technical level. In the future, too, our filters should continue to be the reference - with real measurement curves over the entire spectral sensitivity range of modern CMOS cameras, against which cheap copies from China must be measured.

The development of filter sheet systems, however, requires complex test series, prototype production in each case - and ultimately intensive testing in the night sky. We are very close to producing our filters with further improved properties, but "one does not talk about unlaid eggs". You can be assured that we will provide detailed information about the improvements achieved. As soon as the first regularly produced filters are finally tested here, we would like to present you the real transmission curves.

Therefore we ask for your understanding that we are currently unable to give binding answers to inquiries about delivery dates for products that are not available. Please enter your email address in the respective info field on the product page if you want to be informed as soon as the product is available again. As soon as possible, you will also be able to read the relevant product information in order to assess whether we were right to make such an effort, whereby we firmly trust in your agreement that a somewhat higher filter price is justified for higher performance.

• Thanks 1