Slipping Focusser

Hi , I had a problem when i put a cheshire into my focusser and the cross hairs were way off to the left instead of being central ...in the end i worked it out that by screwing the centre screw anti clockwise on the secondary moved the mirror to the front thus centering the cross hairs .. i was pretty chuffed with myself at that point but i have noticed that when moving the focusser in and out its very "sloppy " and it slips very easily .. its ok when tightening the locking screw so its still perfectly usable but its annoying me no end . Question : How do i tighten it , if indeed i can ? 

Thanks in advance for advice .. oh its a 200p Dob , by the way . 

Assuming it's a Crayford type focuser, there will be an adjustment facility to address the slippage, the locking screw shouldn't be needed for this.  The adjustments are usually underneath the focuser body, either Allen head screws or thumbscrews depending on the specific model.      🙂

If it is the Skywatcher it has an allen screw in the centre of the plate that holds the focuser wheel in place. It is not that obvious so you could have missed it.

1 hour ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Hi , I had a problem when i put a cheshire into my focusser and the cross hairs were way off to the left instead of being central ...in the end i worked it out that by screwing the centre screw anti clockwise on the secondary moved the mirror to the front thus centering the cross hairs .. i was pretty chuffed with myself at that point but i have noticed that when moving the focusser in and out its very "sloppy " and it slips very easily .. its ok when tightening the locking screw so its still perfectly usable but its annoying me no end . Question : How do i tighten it , if indeed i can ? 

Thanks in advance for advice .. oh its a 200p Dob , by the way .