Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGP reverted to trial version

Davey-T

7 minutes ago, tomato said:

I don’t know if this helps but the Sequence Generator Pro website is OK, you can log into the forum from there.

https://forum.sequencegeneratorpro.com/

Yes logged onto forum after going round in the usual circles of that's the wrong password choose a new one put in the same one and get a message thats the one you're already using  :icon_scratch:

Left a post on the forum.

Dave

10 minutes ago, carastro said:

Probably because they want you to go on the new payment scheme.  

Carole 

If that’s true, it’s back tracking on the assurances that were made when the pricing model changed.

I hope it’s not the case but it would be a sure fire way to get folks to move over to NINA...

I haven’t had any issues myself, but a friend of mine has after updating. SGP won’t allow downgrading to 3.1 from 3.2 either, he’s lost all his profile information and it won’t connect to half of his equipment.

Might have to move to another program, as a few others appear to be doing.

If you have a dedicated pc for imaging, keep it off the internet and don’t update anything unless sure!

17 hours ago, Jonk said:

If you have a dedicated pc for imaging, keep it off the internet and don’t update anything unless sure!

Got a couple of imaging laptops with WiFi permanently switched off, SGP still working on them, this problem is on the everyday one used for internet and processing, I just let Windows update it willynilly.

Asked a question on the forum and got a reply from Ken saying it depends what version I'm using, can't see how that's relevant, silence since, lucky it's not vital 😆

No intention of paying subscription for SGP

Will give NINA  a try.

Dave

When it works, SGP is great.  When it throws a wobble it can be very frustrating and the formal "support" is almost none-existent.  There are many things that trip it up.  I am in process of moving to NINA but we are so short of clear nights of late that I don't want to waste time learning new software!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonk said:

I've just seen your post on the SGP forum Dave - word of warning, once you install >3.2, you will not be able to downgrade.

Just want to get the version that's installed back to licenced, not heard a dicky bird from Ken since he asked what version it was ,not that that has any bearing on the matter surely they've got records.

Dave

Found an email from Ken in the junk folder, why didn't he just answer on the forum ?

Edited by Davey-T

I don't think you can - a friend of mine had a perfectly working version of 3.1xxx and when he put 3.2 on, it lost all his sequence settings, profiles etc and half of his equipment wouldn't connect.

He wrote to them to ask if he roll back and they basically said it's not possible, as only >3.2 can be licenced, anything earlier was not possible.

He was very upset and basically told them it should be his choice which version to use, after all, he paid for it.

But no, same answer, you cannot licence <3.2 now.

Unless, you have a complete backup of your HD as a cloned image - you could try reinstating that image prior to any updates (Windows or SGP)?

Well gone round and round their login screen and still getting same message, my version had packed up long before their update thing after being stuffed by a Windows update just hadn't bothered to do anything about it as I wasn't using it anyway

Still can't activate it getting same message as before, god knows what it means 

Dave

465576820_SGPLogin.PNG.77fe833398fc82fdb71094b07d91e05f.PNG

2 hours ago, Jonk said:

Sounds like you should also remove all sgp installations and start fresh.... also probably need an internet connection to register the installation at the time of fresh install.

Uninstalled all trace of previous version, installed 3.1** which installs with program folder and desktop icon, click on icon registration screen appears says 45 days left of trial version disappears and SGP doesn't start.

Interestingly SGP doesn't show up in add remove programs so had to uninstall via the uninstall file in the program folder.

Dave

Im still considering giving SGP a try,  Ive seen the good reviews regarding NINA and it seems to tick all the boxes , however my problem is using PHD2 for guiding, I find guiding with PHD2 very hit or miss sometimes and for me nowhere as consistent as AstroArt,  SGP allows you to use Astroart for guiding while NINA and other sequence applications rely on PHD2.

Not sure what to do.

Mark