SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepiece with large FOV for C11

Dear forum members,

The C11 EdgeHD in my observatory is used for planetary imaging and visual observing. For the latter I have a range of TeleVue Ethos eyepieces and one TeleVue Panoptic eyepiece of 41mm. The that last one I have a reasonable wide field of view, but would appreciate an eyepiece with an even wider FOV. I have seen several 55m eyepieces (like the 2" TeleVue 55mm Plössl-oculair), but those all have apparent FOVs that are so small that the resulting FOV is smaller than what I get from the 41mm PanOptic.

Are there any options left, or is the 41mm PanOptic as wide as I can get on a C11?

Nicolàs

Unless you move to the 3 inch size of eyepiece, the 41mm Panoptic is as wide as you can get as I understand it. The Panoptic 41 has the maximum field stop size that can be accommodated within the 2 inch barrel format.

And that is why a shorter focal length refractor is such a good complement to a long focal length reflector.

My 2 scopes have focal lengths of 714mm and 1826mm.

Needless to say, the shorter one sees the really wide fields.

A C11 has a maximum field of 56.5'.  That's it.

A good complement might be a 80-100mm refractor with a focal length of 500-700mm.

• Like 2