Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show Us Your StellaLyra Scope

Stock focuser on the 6” is the standard GSO crayford. The 8” gets the better monorail focuser. Stock focusers is OK but thoughts turn to upgrading it in the future. 🤔

A Baader Steeltrack will fit the 6” although unlike the 8” needs one of the extension pieces to allow the drawtube fit. 

156F6621-1187-4445-A49C-412148AC8E12.jpeg

CB43E69D-23CF-408A-8F8C-9D6CCF29CEB4.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

IMG_0534-crop.thumb.jpg.dd1ecc713fe8bd75e80395e8dad358ab.jpg

Printed my own supports for the top rail so I could use an existing bar to mount the guidescope.

Since upgraded with the Baader Diamond SteelTrack.

I got mine at the end of July but it's not seen much use to date although I was very pleased with my first images.

Bubble-crop.thumb.jpg.76c074a1b1d2f8d2bf8949d5866d9dd9.jpg

Now with Baader.

IMG_0699.thumb.jpg.57591d0939eb65f56619b3eead752b15.jpg

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Photo added
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Now with Baader.

Adrian - for my own future reference, is this the normal refractor version of the SteelTrack (with associated click-lock)?  I was wondering where you got the tube adapter for another rail 😀 The 8" comes with dual rails.

Thanks also for the photo showing it attached, it's some extension out the back with camera etc!

My 6" RC landed yesterday.

SL1.JPG.1847cf03b449dbc163af581a14dd3fd4.JPG

SL2.JPG.d175576f42749a6d1622aa15ea836996.JPG

• Like 2

Tried it on my lightweight alt-az setup and didn’t seem to wobble while focusing while aligning the finder. Have gone for a 6x30: RACI finder and a Baader prism to keeo the weight down. Hopefully will work out for proper observing as it’s easy to carry the complete setup outside.🙂

598517C8-B273-4FE5-945B-BD48DB5E2004.jpeg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, geeklee said:

is this the normal refractor version of the SteelTrack (with associated click-lock)?

Hi Lee, yes it is and it is my second! I sold the first one with my ED80 thinking I'd never need it in the future :(

where you got the tube adapter for another rail

The little red mounts are 3D printed - I didn't want to spend more money on the mini dovetail system from ADM when I had a perfectly good spare vixen bar.

it's some extension out the back with camera etc!

It is! I'm at the realistic limit for my CEM25-EC and so went for the manual filter approach which also lessened the weight c.f. the EFW. I've since printed a mount for a SW focus motor because I found manually focussing was quite a challenge!

Good luck with your RC!

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

The little red mounts are 3D printed - I didn't want to spend more money on the mini dovetail system from ADM when I had a perfectly good spare vixen bar.

I have a spare bar, but I think it's just a fraction short so I'll keep an eye out for a kit.  I had planned (if not using an OAG) to have one of my guide scopes at the front of the bottom bar (if I didn't have a top one) to help with weight distribution.  

Good tip on focusing.  I'm definitely seeing this as more of a project scope as I expect acceptable+ results to take time out the box (especially without any upgrades!). 

Thanks for your other info and I'm looking forward to more great results like the Bubble 👍

• Like 1

ADM does just the radius blocks on their own for the 6”. FLO should get them in.

Have ordered some direct from ADM which will,probably take a few weeks to arrive. Will be fitting the same type of handle as on my CC8.

Yes JeremyS a HANDLE 😁😁😁

7FE48DDD-615E-4FD1-AAEB-49A1AA79C1AF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Yes JeremyS a HANDLE 😁😁

Hmmm... That front aperture cap looks like a standard GSO one with a very tight fit. Perhaps a small handle is in order... 🤔😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-D-Shape-Curved-Furniture-Handle-Cabinet-Cupboard-Door/401790468979?hash=item5d8c940373:g:RbwAAOSwyx1dCk7c

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, R26 oldtimer said:

Hmmm... That front aperture cap looks like a standard GSO one with a very tight fit. Perhaps a small handle is in order... 🤔😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-D-Shape-Curved-Furniture-Handle-Cabinet-Cupboard-Door/401790468979?hash=item5d8c940373:g:RbwAAOSwyx1dCk7c

No, no, no.............you mean a knob. 😁😁😁

As used on my CC8.

F79C3625-5A25-4D65-A331-E32604C26B20.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

It seems to be raining StellaLyra's on this thread. Will soon be easier for people to post if they HAVEN'T got one yet 😂

Enjoy them everyone. I must admit they do look pretty tasty.

One more rain drop 🤣

IMG_20201013_131250104.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Forecast is not looking good... I blame you guys, far too many OTA fulfillments for a single day, good luck with dusting those indoor setups for the next two weeks 😷😷😁

Edited by gilesco
Spelling

10 minutes ago, gilesco said:

Keep an eye out for showers and dew, good luck friends! And Clear Skies.

OK, I might have to admit to jealousy... the 8" RC f/8 looks soooo compelling...

But I wait to see results.. 

17 hours ago, JeremyS said:

It seems to be raining StellaLyra's on this thread. Will soon be easier for people to post if they HAVEN'T got one yet 😂

Enjoy them everyone. I must admit they do look pretty tasty.

I am sure one would be ideal for your trotting sulky outings along side the car, plane and home Takahashies. 😜

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 1