Narrowband

M35 - 18 Jan

jgs001

None too happy - Ok, I probably should be, this worked... I got my new MaxDSLR connector gadget, and using a 50mm Extention tube, am now imaging with 2" fittings instead of 1.25". I forgot though, that the weight distribution has now changed, the camera is mounted further back, therefore I need to rebalance. I lost some 75% of my subs to drive train errors [smilie=banghead.gif]

Anyway...

7x40s @ ISO800, 13 Darks, 15 Flats and 15 Flat Darks.

Stacked in DSS with a Cube Root stack, the adjusted in PS. It looks quite noisy on my Mac, but that's got a very bright screen.

m35.jpg

I'd hoped to then move onto M44 and M67... But the clouds got in the way. I suspect I'd have been even more miffed if I'd done them as well...

M35 is a lovely open cluster John, and your image looks great in a fairly rich starfield.

It's about the size of the moon, and you have also got the faint compact cluster ngc2158, which shows up just to the right of M35 in your shot.

Nice one.

Ron. :salute:

Archived