Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New arrival

Ken82

2 minutes ago, John said:

I'm not sure that they would be your "cup of tea" to be honest with you :icon_scratch:

"try before you buy" :thumbright:

No, in all seriousness I am very happy with the 70(ish) degree FoV, as I find it very relaxing to view for long periods, and the eyepieces I have for that work well now in both the dob and refractor... so I am more than content 😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

No, in all seriousness I am very happy with the 70(ish) degree FoV, as I find it very relaxing to view for long periods, and the eyepieces I have for that work well now in both the dob and refractor... so I am more than content 😃

I was serious as well - after a while on forums you can sort of tell :smiley:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, John said:

"try before you buy" :thumbright:

It's been quite a shame this year that the opportunities to meet with other astronomers has been hampered by the crisis, as I'm sure that getting to experience other setups, views and experience, is very useful to help decide in which direction to go 🤔

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

It's been quite a shame this year that the opportunities to meet with other astronomers has been hampered by the crisis, as I'm sure that getting to experience other setups, views and experience, is very useful to help decide in which direction to go 🤔

That's very true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

I enjoy the 92 degree field of view of the ES-92s, but also quite enjoy 65 to 75 degree fields of view as well.  There's room for all fields of view depending on the mood of the observer.

• Like 2

On 09/10/2020 at 19:23, Viktorious said:

Nice! I just sold my 82s as well and have two 100s (20 and 13mm) in shipping to me :). I did however go for the cheaper APM XWA version. We'll see how they do in my f/4.24 (an f/4 with a CC that lives in the focuser). 

The apm 20 is my budget ethos 21 (for now) it’s nice to use. Even against your 82’s it will seem wide. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Before I tried a nice single malt.... 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

This year has just cost more money because we can’t try before we buy. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

My therapy is to keep seeing these like this...

707D4CDB-96C0-4BED-BB0A-E9165886981E.jpeg

My stepsons girlfriend is an HCA and has the same thoughts 🤞

If it’s not been mentioned before... I admire everything you are all doing out there on our behalf... thank you👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HollyHound said:

My stepsons girlfriend is an HCA and has the same thoughts 🤞

If it’s not been mentioned before... I admire everything you are all doing out there on our behalf... thank you👏

HCA’s most important, it all folds without them. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Stupid American question.  What's an HCA?  I gather it is a healthcare related acronym that we don't use here.

Health Care Assistant... usually assists nurses and doctors, working under their guidance 😃

Edited by HollyHound
  • Thanks 1

On 21/12/2020 at 23:01, Dantooine said:

The apm 20 is my budget ethos 21 (for now) it’s nice to use. Even against your 82’s it will seem wide. 

I have yet to give it a go.. The 13 mm has been continuously delayed, from 2 days when I ordered in October, to late January as of now (will probably be further delayed)...

Tomorrow is looking to be the first clear night (with me not working), so if all goes well I will finally have looked through it within the next 48 hours! 🙂

Would be cool to try it against an Ethos at a star party sometime in the future. 

Edited by Viktorious
  • Like 1