Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SH2-132

Kinch

Not the easiest target - not the best image of it.....but happy to have tamed all the stars in this area.....too may to count 🙂

This is 8 hours Ha + 7 hours each SII & OIII = 22 Hours.

Final SH2-132 Sign (1085 x 724).jpg

• Like 33

9 hours ago, Spongey said:

PN G101.5-00.6

Thanks for the comment. Yesterday was an extremely busy day and when I processed the data I had not the time to go check out that planetary - so happy you have also given me a name/number for me to go check it out. I usually do an annotated image for my website - but it did not actually show up in that.

It's very nice.  Well done, a big investment in telescope time and it has paid off.

I am always in two minds on SHO and HOO images I do.   Whether to remove the NB stars and put RGB ones in their place by doing 40 mins each in RGB.  On the one hand is meant to be a narrowband image and as a consequence contain narrowband stars.  On the other hand RGB stars look more natural.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes sometimes, I spend 3 hours on RGB data to put star colour in because I really dislike ALL white stars. But sometimes there is just no need. I don't know how it works out but here you can see coloured stars - but it is false colour in the sense that there is no RGB in this image.....it is, as it says above, simply 22 hours of NB data.

Brendan.

1 hour ago, x6gas said:

Is this a mosaic, I wonder?

Thanks for the comment and to answer your question......no - not a mosaic. In fact it is trimmed slightly. This is with a 16200 chip on the FSQ130ED - no extender even. Shooting at 1.9 ArcSec/Pix - so still able to get some nice detail on a wide field shot.

Thanks Richard. That camera was taken off the scope today - changed back to the QSI. It does not cool as well as the FLI - but it sure is easier to work with (Sony chip requiring no darks). Nearly time to go out and check the basics - balance, polar alignment and start focus position. I don't think it will be clear enough for imaging - but that is OK - a whole new set of flats to do anyway.

On 10/10/2020 at 17:17, Kinch said:

Thanks for the comment and to answer your question......no - not a mosaic. In fact it is trimmed slightly. This is with a 16200 chip on the FSQ130ED - no extender even. Shooting at 1.9 ArcSec/Pix - so still able to get some nice detail on a wide field shot.

Ah yes... I was forgetting how big the FLI ML16200 chip is in comparison to the Atik 460/490 that I usually use.  I very much enjoyed seeing this image Brendan so thanks, as ever, for sharing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, x6gas said:

thanks, as ever, for sharing.

You are most welcome - if I like an image myself (from someone else), I too enjoy having a closer look at it.

The big FLI 16200 is off the scope now - next images will be with my QSI 6120i - with reducer attached. I have started afresh tonight with one I tried earlier in the year: SH2-174.