Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Cesarf

COMPLETED - ** FOUND ** Skywatcher Mak 127 + az gti

Posted (edited)

I’m looking for a skywatcher Skymax 127 + az gti mount. It can be a bundle or separated.

Hampshire/Surrey area or willing to post. 
thank you!

Edited by Cesarf

18 minutes ago, MichaelMan said:

Hi Cesarf, 
I've seen one advertised on Facebook and on E-bay (bidding still going)
Appears to be the same person advertising. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sky-Watcher-Skymax-127-AZ-GTI-Telescope-With-GPCAM2-And-Accessories/284033349178?epid=2256014258&hash=item4221b4f63a:g:tZYAAOSwUE9feKPZ

Hi @MichaelMan - thanks for the heads up -  yeah, I spoke to her few days ago but she is only doing "pick up only" - Preston is a bit far from me. I might drive up there for a cracking price so lets see how the auction will turn out.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

You can often sometimes find the 127 on its older AZ-GOTO mount for around £200-£250. That's what I did - got one a few weeks ago. I might buy an AZ-GTi mount etc at a later date. But given the OTAs can fetch £200, I was chuffed that I got a full setup for that.

Edited by sputniksteve

33 minutes ago, sputniksteve said:

You can often sometimes find the 127 on its older AZ-GOTO mount for around £200-£250. That's what I did - got one a few weeks ago. I might buy an AZ-GTi mount etc at a later date. But given the OTAs can fetch £200, I was chuffed that I got a full setup for that.

I missed one with AZ-GOTO at Facebook Marketplace for £200 past week 🤦‍♂️

I have a 127 on AZ goto to sell. It has hardly used. Does have a scratch on the tube.  Could take some pics.

3 hours ago, bish said:

I have a 127 on AZ goto to sell. It has hardly used. Does have a scratch on the tube.  Could take some pics.

Thanks @bish I’ve found one on Facebook marketplace yesterday. Good luck selling yours.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Naveen
      Hi all - looking for some
      advice on eyepieces. I have seen beautiful views of Jupiter with its moons and Saturn and of course the moon. I have two extra 32mm and 10mm plossls but am looking for better lenses for planets which will show more detail? Which ones would you suggest? Many thanks in advance!
    • By hennyvenom
      A quick test on the moon April 30th 
      Zwo ASI 533 
      Mak127
      Software: Firecapture, Pipp, autostakkert , Photoshop
      2 pane mosaic , 1500 frames each panel, with the 10% best frames used in each stack. Combined and edited in Photoshop.
      I made the mistake(I think) of capturing in fit format instead of Avi, although it turned out ok.
    • By Sky-searcher
      Quick view of the moon at 7am this morning, as it’s been too cloudy since my 150p arrived earlier this week. Getting happier with my setup now, more of what I envisaged a few months ago when I purchased the mount & Mak. There is quite a lot of overlap with the two scopes, but using the Mak a lot for Bino viewing & enjoying it. A few bits of tweaking with the 150p ( flocking, RACI, RDF, motor focuser & cooling fan) over the coming months are planned. Looking forward to the darker nights, but not the cold 😂

• By hennyvenom
      Hello everyone, I've got a question.
      I want to upgrade the visual back on the Mak 127. The standard back on the Mak is not pleasant to work with as seen in the image. I need to get rid of this plastic thing. I purchased a mak to sct adapter when I bought the scope, I never got around to doing anything until now as I've just acquired a Baader 2.25x barlow as shown in the image.
      Now, I've had a go of attaching the the Baader Barlow into the original plastic thing on the mak, it works .... but I'm not happy with the connection being made with the two locking screws, as there is still movement when the barlow, t-ring and Canon DSLR are all in the train.
      I've been having a look on FLO for some work around, does anyone have some input as to whether this will work.
      Mak to sct adapter-> Baader 2 inch to 1.25 reducer adapter->Baader 2.25x barlow + T ring & DSLR
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-2-to-125-reducer-adapter.html
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/BaaderT2ext-1508153.html
      Any input or a better way of securing everything is greatly appreciated!😊

Another option I've come across is this , Baader ClickLock 2"-1.25" Adapter  and Baader T2 Extension Tube to bring it to 40mm when attached to the mak to sct adapter. Anyone have any experience with this? 
    • By adyj1
      Hi
      I'd like to make my own FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter for my new(to me) AZ GTi  mount... 
      Does anyone know what the pinouts for the rj12 connector are? The 8-pin RJ45 connections are well documented, but I can't find a 6-pin RJ12 wiring diagram...
      Lynx astro do make one, so I know it is possible ? 
      Thanks
      Ady

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.