Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Davehux

COMPLETED - Sold STP - Upgraded SW Evostar 80ED & Flattener

Posted (edited)

There’s a new kid on the block now, so it’s time to move this brilliant scope onto another happy owner.

Bought new from FLO just over 2 years age, it’s produced some awesome image - shown below - all taken with this scope and an ASI294 camera.

I’ve upgraded the focuser to an OVL model, and the difference from the standard one is immense. Runs smooth from one end to the other, and has no problem holding a lump of a cooled camera or a DSLR without slipping. It also has a standard 2” connector.

Also included is the Skywatcher 0.85 focal reducer/flattener with 2” adapter, so swapping out the camera for the eyepiece is a 2 second job.

The optics are all clean, bright and scratch-free. There’s a piece of Velcro on the tube, where I used to have my ASIair V1 stuck on. Apart from the usual bite marks on the dovetail, it’s in excellent overall condition.

The standard SW 9x50 finder scope, 28mm eyepiece, a couple of adapters, and diagonal are all included, also comes with the aluminium case.

This whole outfit would cost you £842 plus delivery, to buy from FLO today. It’s yours for £525 delivered to a UK mainland address. 

C19F55C1-6B6D-4F24-9A2A-06D53370FC72.jpeg

AF9820C0-4576-4B2D-8C41-19EB19CBACA8.jpeg

6327FA71-F658-4C23-B257-2E2F953F4B23.jpeg

F5826E2D-EF3A-4FDD-9EA0-A647DD20D223.jpeg

FF14A8CE-7F17-4B3A-9230-5F2D36D0E985.jpeg

818C7D74-F2AA-4B23-88BF-5D20E128756E.jpeg

988219E8-7D9D-4E4E-B619-3302352A12E0.jpeg

3C18EC7F-DF43-4E34-A6F7-32E40D99DB05.jpeg

E3E1DD3E-AACB-4F77-8DD8-FABD450C33D5.jpeg

Edited by Davehux
Sold subject to payment

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astro_Dad
      Looking forward to receiving my 102MC in the next few days/weeks depending on supply. Does anyone have any experience, tips/advice?  Looks like a good grab and go particularity for planetary observation - interesting “next generation” mount. 
    • By Lowjiber
      Seeing wasn't the best yesterday, but I hadn't shot a prom in a month.
      Thanks for the peek.
      Clear Skies

• By JoeS81
      Hi everyone,
      I'm completely new to telescopes and know nothing but I want to learn and I need some advice!
      I have a budget of £200 which I can't stretch. I really like both the Skywatcher Heritage 150p and SW Skyliner 150p which I believe has been along longer than the Heritage.
      I would like to take the scope out occasionally to dark skies (so the heritage would be easier to transport) but with 2 very young children at home the reality is that I will mostly be using the scope in the back garden.
      Obviously both scopes are 150p but come with different accessory spec (specs below).... please could someone advise which would give me the most bang for my buck?!

Heritage 150p:
      Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x30 & x75
      Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
      Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
      Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)
      Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
      Parabolic Primary Mirror
      3-arm Secondary Mirror Spider Support
      Red Dot Finder
      Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount
      Collapsible/ Extendable Tube Assembly
      Weight Approx 7.5kg
      Supplied with Gift Box
      33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
      Skyliner 150p:
      Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120 Highest Practical Power (Potential): x306 Diameter of Primary Mirror: 153mm Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/8) Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm Parabolic Primary Mirror 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports 6x30 Finderscope Direct SLR Camera Connection Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray 73% more Light Gathering than 114mm Many thanks!

• By AstroRuz
      For sale is my beloved but now superfluous to requirements HEQ5 Pro for £650
      It's in a used condition as you would imagine. I've had it for about 4 years and found great success with this mount. Ideal for those beginning astrophotography and also good for visual users.
      I'm calling it "deluxe" due to the upgrades I've had done.
      - It's belt modified
      - It's had brand new bearings and grease
      - The backlash has been expertly setup 
      - It has the latest polar scope
      - The power port has been replaced with an aviation style port which is a lot more secure
      It'll come with the hand controller and at least 1 counterweight (if I can find the second it'll come with both). The polar scope cover has been lost. The counterweight is rusty as always. There is some marring on the counterweight bar housing as shown in the photos.
      It also will come with the modified power cable required also.
      Note: the power LED sometimes doesn't illuminate but the mount is still powered (please see the photo with the hand controller).
      Collection or local delivery within Northampton

• By Lowjiber
      Seeing was poor (3.5/5) yesterday, but I just had to shoot these two before they went around the SW limb.
      Thanks for the peek.😀
      Clear Skies

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.