Jump to content

1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

ZWO ASI533MC Pro VS ZWO183MC Pro


KEJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

Really fantastic shots!! What processing software are you using? I have the ASI533 MC Pro and ASI2600 MC Pro color camera's, but a few things. One, the ASI533 dews up quite a bit, even with the external dew heater, the ASI2600 when capturing images look green! I'm using Explorer Scientific ED102 and ED165mm APO refractors and a TPO Ritchey Chretien 304.8 mm telescopes. My images are not coming out nearly as fantastic as yours! Any tips, please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/02/2021 at 14:09, astroenthusiast said:

Really fantastic shots!! What processing software are you using? I have the ASI533 MC Pro and ASI2600 MC Pro color camera's, but a few things. One, the ASI533 dews up quite a bit, even with the external dew heater, the ASI2600 when capturing images look green! I'm using Explorer Scientific ED102 and ED165mm APO refractors and a TPO Ritchey Chretien 304.8 mm telescopes. My images are not coming out nearly as fantastic as yours! Any tips, please?

Morning

I'm probably not the best person to ask and thank you.

I have a dew shield, connected to the ASIAIR Pro and now, I have started to just collect more data, ie: previously I may have grabbed 30mins to 1hr of data for an object. But, now building on 2 hrs plus, plus  I find shorter exposures don't seem to blow my stars out so much, so I do a mixture.

I also downloaded ASI Studio with a FITS file viewer, in the old days(few months ago) I stacked everything, but now I quickly go through them and delete any with star trails or satellites etc.

I use DSS, then PS, just taking my time, routine in PS initially curves and levels a few times to tease the colours out.

Camera settings pretty much unity gain 101, cooled to -10 degrees or -15 degrees.

 

Tell me what are you currently doing to process your pictures ?

 

Cheers

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting,  just looking back and comparing June last year(DSLR) to February this year(ASI533 MC Pro), now hopefully I am a little better processing with PS and the DSLR pics only had about 1 hr of data, compared to the astro-camera with over 2 hrs of data.

 

1371037190_Screenshot2021-02-27at06_26_22.thumb.png.7e8b66a34c0d7e027fdb3fcb2148b26a.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is ongoing, I managed to grab another 30-60 mins of data last night(Bortle 6 and pretty much a full moon last night), I will update these later.

Only using a UV/IR filter.

 

 

 

M51_Clean_V002Zoomed.thumb.jpg.4a7028ab9c20dec1db1f92bc62f3c8f9.jpgM51_Clean_V002.thumb.jpg.63e6c3bda9cd5714414b9e945ba1ee0a.jpgM51_Clean_V003.thumb.jpg.e0eb41a90b301e46b1ae0c0642106b5e.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/02/2021 at 02:40, KEJ said:

Morning

I'm probably not the best person to ask and thank you.

I have a dew shield, connected to the ASIAIR Pro and now, I have started to just collect more data, ie: previously I may have grabbed 30mins to 1hr of data for an object. But, now building on 2 hrs plus, plus  I find shorter exposures don't seem to blow my stars out so much, so I do a mixture.

I also downloaded ASI Studio with a FITS file viewer, in the old days(few months ago) I stacked everything, but now I quickly go through them and delete any with star trails or satellites etc.

I use DSS, then PS, just taking my time, routine in PS initially curves and levels a few times to tease the colours out.

Camera settings pretty much unity gain 101, cooled to -10 degrees or -15 degrees.

 

Tell me what are you currently doing to process your pictures ?

 

Cheers

 

 

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm using Astropixel to process my images and Adobe Photoshop. I'm reviewing Pixinsight but all this software does get expensive.  My camera gains are high at times, anywhere from 200 to 350.  It's going to be a clear night, and I'm anxious to take out my ES ED165mm to capture some great images, the moon also is out tonight. I may try a duo band filter. The camera I'll use tonight is the ASI2600 MC Pro, color camera. I've tried using the Starlight Xpress 825 monochrome CCD camera and filter wheel but it's a bit of a learning curve for me.  Totally diffrent than a CMOS camera, I'm open to any suggestion on the CCD camera. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, astroenthusiast said:

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm using Astropixel to process my images and Adobe Photoshop. I'm reviewing Pixinsight but all this software does get expensive.  My camera gains are high at times, anywhere from 200 to 350.  It's going to be a clear night, and I'm anxious to take out my ES ED165mm to capture some great images, the moon also is out tonight. I may try a duo band filter. The camera I'll use tonight is the ASI2600 MC Pro, color camera. I've tried using the Starlight Xpress 825 monochrome CCD camera and filter wheel but it's a bit of a learning curve for me.  Totally diffrent than a CMOS camera, I'm open to any suggestion on the CCD camera. Thank you!

I now use a camera now which has the same sensor as your ASI2600MC Pro camera after upgrading from my trusty ASI183MC. I only use my WO Zenithstar 61 with FLAT 61A at the moment but use the Optolong L-Enhance filter and use Astro Pixel Processor and PS only for my images and they are coming out great. I have found in the past with my ASI183MC if the darks have a different gain and offset as well as temperature then strange things will happen when I stack the lights in APP. Do your individual light frames look green?

 

NGC_2244-RGB-session_1-St_PS_DeNoise.jpg

Edited by Grant Fribbens
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grant Fribbens said:

I now use a camera now which has the same sensor as your ASI2600MC Pro camera after upgrading from my trusty ASI183MC. I only use my WO Zenithstar 61 with FLAT 61A at the moment but use the Optolong L-Enhance filter and use Astro Pixel Processor and PS only for my images and they are coming out great. I have found in the past with my ASI183MC if the darks have a different gain and offset as well as temperature then strange things will happen when I stack the lights in APP. Do your individual light frames look green?

NGC_2244_PS-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg

Yes, my lights look green. I'm also having a hard time with getting my flats correct. I'm using SharpCap, I'm wondering if that's is one of the issues, Lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, astroenthusiast said:

Yes, my lights look green. I'm also having a hard time with getting my flats correct. I'm using SharpCap, I'm wondering if that's is one of the issues, Lol!

I use the beta of APT or the latest nightly build of N.I.N.A and I found that when I ran SharpCap on my imaging camera I remember that I altered the brightness setting to see the image better and that really threw off my settings as it alters offset and gain. In APT and N.I.N.A. you can now make sure that the gain and offset are always sent to the camera prior to imaging which I have found really helps. I remember I used a gain of 111 on my ASI183MC and all my Darks were 111 and then one day I found that my gain had gone back to 100 and I was still using the 111 gain darks which caused some very strange results in APP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grant Fribbens said:

I use the beta of APT or the latest nightly build of N.I.N.A and I found that when I ran SharpCap on my imaging camera I remember that I altered the brightness setting to see the image better and that really threw off my settings as it alters offset and gain. In APT and N.I.N.A. you can now make sure that the gain and offset are always sent to the camera prior to imaging which I have found really helps. I remember I used a gain of 111 on my ASI183MC and all my Darks were 111 and then one day I found that my gain had gone back to 100 and I was still using the 111 gain darks which caused some very strange results in APP.

That is exactly what is happening to me! I have N.I.N.A and APT, but don't use them. Guess, I need to get use to them, the learning curve. I still haven't figured out how to get N.i.N.A to show live vieiw yet. I appreciate the insights!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, astroenthusiast said:

That is exactly what is happening to me! I have N.I.N.A and APT, but don't use them. Guess, I need to get use to them, the learning curve. I still haven't figured out how to get N.i.N.A to show live vieiw yet. I appreciate the insights!

Youre images are really great! I'm out imaging a few DSO now. Less than an hour an the sky will get bright. I'm going to make my darks in 30 minutes, bias and try to work on my flats. Thanks again for the tips! I'll watch my gain, exposure and camera temperature too when calibrating images. Let's stay in touch please. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/03/2021 at 09:49, Grant Fribbens said:

Do your individual light frames look green?

 

On 04/03/2021 at 09:51, astroenthusiast said:

Yes, my lights look green.

There is a plugin for photoshop that can help with the green http://www.deepskycolors.com/archivo/2010/04/26/hasta-La-Vista-Green.html

hope you don't mind, apologies if you do and please delete, i ran both your images through HLVG so you can see what effect it has, 

NGC_2244-RGB-session_1-St_PS_DeNoise.thumb.jpg.7f36a3653c77a164e7ae8089c7cce3e3.jpg.7915604ecc389d1f320d5e7a299c9195.jpg

 

1591270941_M42_V10E_Mixturecleancopy.thumb.jpg.252431dc30e820e01b81db58157d498c.jpg.976f828b6277e4fefb8eed77d5ffc023.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rosetta is not mine, but fine - always great to try new things.  

 

So does it literally take off the green tinge ?

 

Sugar, windows only........I use a Mac!

 

Edited by KEJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I mainly use redcat 51. So went for the 183. A no brainier when you look at the match. Amp glow is not a problem with darks which are always a necessity with other calibration files if looking for top quality astro photos.F7A2FE4D-19EB-4AE6-B4E3-CF7AA3A74D0C.thumb.jpeg.6791afa7edadeb367ea8b724fef11622.jpeg

Edited by Albut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/12/2021 at 20:57, Albut said:

I mainly use redcat 51. So went for the 183. A no brainier when you look at the match. Amp glow is not a problem with darks which are always a necessity with other calibration files if looking for top quality astro photos.F7A2FE4D-19EB-4AE6-B4E3-CF7AA3A74D0C.thumb.jpeg.6791afa7edadeb367ea8b724fef11622.jpeg

Interesting

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is my latest project with my ASI-533MCP and SharpStar 150 mm F2.8 Hyper Newt and a UV-IR filter.  NGC1333 The Embryo Nebula in Perseus  300 x 2 minutes  ( 10 hours total )  captured and processed with Astro Art 8.   I am still working with the data so I am not ready to call it done yet.   The ASI-533MCP is a great camera and I am wanting to get it's big brother the ASI2600MCP. (^8

NGC1333-300-Cal-SigmaSum-Sat-Curves-DN-CB-2x2-3.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2021 at 05:26, CCD-Freak said:

This is my latest project with my ASI-533MCP and SharpStar 150 mm F2.8 Hyper Newt and a UV-IR filter.  NGC1333 The Embryo Nebula in Perseus  300 x 2 minutes  ( 10 hours total )  captured and processed with Astro Art 8.   I am still working with the data so I am not ready to call it done yet.   The ASI-533MCP is a great camera and I am wanting to get it's big brother the ASI2600MCP. (^8

NGC1333-300-Cal-SigmaSum-Sat-Curves-DN-CB-2x2-3.jpg

Morning

Very nice picture & impressive.

K

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.