Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Finally I have something like First Light with the ODK12. This is just 6 x 600 sec subs Luminance with the Moravian G3 16200 and Chroma filters. Sigma Add stacking in AstroArt 7 followed by a slight crop to get rid of dither edges, Gradient Reduction (As the moon was starting to interfere), DDP and Unsharp Mask.
Calibration was with Darks and Flats only as I had neglected to do Dark Flats *slapped wrist*.
Reduced 50% for upload and JPEG. Yes it's a bit noisy, and I think I may have focus issues.
C&C welcome as usual.
At the same astro party where I shot the Pleiades and partially Iris + the surroundings, I started gathering data for M33.
For this image I used only a SkyWatcher 150PDS through which I recorded the photons on an ASI1600MMC.
Curiously enough, I shot ~3.5h of luminance there under Bortle 2 skies, but a simple STF in PixInisght revealed less details than in 4h of luminance (through a LP filter) shot from home under Bortle 6-7 skies.
Nevertheless, I put all the luminance together, I shot another 40mins of each RGB + 1h45min of Ha and made an image. A bit of colour only I also borrowed from an image I made 2 years ago, but in a small ratio.
For full resolution: https://www.astrobin.com/yqr8xe/
I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33. The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6.
The main post processing differences are:
- I corrected for a slight camera tilt via PS, this results in slightly oddly shaped stars towards the edges of the frame. You should be able to see theses defects in the old image if you zoom in.
- PI's Photometric Colour Calibration was used on the new image.
- PI's HDMRT was used on the Lum to increase the contrast (before I used the PS High Pass Filter)
- PI's Dark Script Enhance was used to enhance the galaxies dust lanes.
So, still a mixture of PS and PI but now with more PI.
(My original result from 2.5 years ago is in the album Deep Sky II).
I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33.
The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6.
(If you want to have a look at my original result from 2.5 years ago have a look in my album Deep Sky II).
LIGHTS: L:15, R:9, G:10, B: 12 x 600s; H: 15 x 1800s. DARKS:30; BIAS:100; FLATS:40 all at -20C.