Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I saw MARS using a 5 inch Reflector telescope during Opposition of mars 2020 | stargazing saturday

Hi, buddy! Cool YouTube page. Not a bad image using your smartphone. You'll get a lot more detail and clarity if you get a space cam for your reflector. There are some inexpensive ones you can get to start off with like this one: https://www.telescope.com/Orion/Orion-StarShoot-5-MP-Solar-System-Color-Camera/rc/2160/p/103029.uts

Of course, the more expensive the camera, the better the results, but I get some good results with the Orion 5MP and my Mak. Since you're using a reflector, a barlow would help with the space cam to yield a larger image. I use one even with my Mak. A telescope drive will allow you to capture more frames to process. It's exciting imaging planets and Mars is really putting on a good show this time, being almost as close it was in 2018 and with no global dust storm this time.

Good luck with the imaging!

Reggie

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, striving_amateur said:

Guys any suggestions on how to get better results using a 5inch reflector?

Looking at the video I would guess it's a little overexposed, I think there is more detail in your video that will show if you can find how to lower the exposure in your video software, from what i've read on SGL you should highly reduce the exposure when capturing!!

• Thanks 1