SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I was viewing Mars at 400X and I reckon I could have easily gone to 500

Hi

Wow!! The seeing was so good tonight, defs one of those magical times!!

Jupiter & Saturn were virtually still with near pertfect resolution. I was viewing Saturn at 500X (5mm @ 2800 FL  F10 ) and it was a clear crisp image, incredacubble. Jupiter was also very clear. 

I think tonight I realised there is no chance of me getting into astrophotography. I had my camera ready to take images in near perfect conditions but I could not tear myself away from my eyepiece and the incredible live views. 

Mars came around my roofline at 10pm and I was able to view him at 400X with a 80a blue filter and generic Moon & Skyglow filter. I could discern maria and subtle geographic features and the southern polar cap. I believe I could have gone to 500X easily but I was enjoying my 400x view too much to change anything!!! 

Siouxsie 

Edited by StarGazingSiouxsie
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, StarGazingSiouxsie said:

I think tonight I realised there is no chamce of me getting into astrophotography. I had my camera ready to take images in near perfect conditions but I could not tear myself away from my eyepiece and the incredible live views

Congrats on the fabulous viewing conditions you experienced last night.

I haven't had a session allowing mags that high, but get where you're coming from with the imaging.

I'm exactly the same and can't bear to leave the eyepiece so am trying to improve my sketching skills.

• Like 1