SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Q Imaging - Rolera-XR?? HELP!

goldblade1983

Hi guys, 

I sold most of my equipment a couple of years ago, but decided recently to start accumulating again given lockdown....

So at the moment I have (which i bought as a package):

CPC925 Alt/Az

Celestron Guidescope 80mm (piggybacked)

Nexstar autoguide (which i'm selling as it doesn't work in alt/az)

I also have a QHY5Y original + laptop left over from before which i can control scope with via serial cable.

Per the topic here, I have also managed to 'borrow' a scientific Q Imaging Rolera-XR.  My understanding is that this is actually for security camera / microscope use, but I wondered whether anyone has ever used it for astro work?  Link to tech specs is here - http://www.adept.net.au/cameras/qimaging/rolera-xr.shtml   and a data sheet here - http://www.adept.net.au/cameras/qimaging/pdf/Rolera-XR.pdf

I have the uncooled version.  I haven't yet managed to plug it in to computer yet as  it needs as fireware cable which i don't have yet....

I do not have the lense which is attached to front in picture, just the metallic fittings which don't fit a 1 1/4" or 2" telescope so requires some form of adapter.  

Any ideas?   Also not entirely convinced even if I can get it to attach and turn on that i'll achieve backfocus.  I'm useless at the technical stuff so any help appreciated! 

If it helps, the CCD itself is towards the front of the unit, and there are inner-threads that are approx 1 +1/2" in diameter (see picture).  There is also a separate piece of equipment that mounts 'over the top' of the fittings (see separate picture).  Not sure this would be of any use for astro.  The tech specs says it's a c mount, but the inner thread diameter is definitely larger than 1"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.!

THanks

Brian

IMG20201003133838.thumb.jpg.99ee7539df04f99e5eaf0de3eea74337.jpg

IMG20201003134225.thumb.jpg.933d07d34800a1e0e1e883d7e3dfe666.jpg