Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 from last night

simmo39

Hi all, with a small window in the cloud forcast i wasnt going to waste it so i thought I would have ago at the planets, something I havent done for a few years. The seeing was poor and I had to relearn how to use my old scope and camera. I got jupiter and Saturn but gave up getting Mars as moon glow and mist put an end to the session. So here they are, taken with my old and dusty SW 127 mak and a ASI 120 mc ( that old usg 2 is so slow! only managed a max of 5 frps! } I know they could be better but im pleased with the results.

50407322758_01a0457703_b.jpg

50408026761_4f671d181e_b.jpg

Hins and tips welcome

thanks for looking.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, knobby said:

Looking good, use a region of interest to cut the file size down hence increase the frame rate. Also, capture non debayered and let Autostakkert debayer the capture.

Thanks for the pointers, I have to say that I have not done planets for so long I was realy having problems in getting everthing to work . Next time Ill give that ago,  hope to get Mars next time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Saturn and Jupiter are tough targets down at that altitude at the moment.

Have you tried Mars recently?

hi, Im planning to to get Mars as soon as i get chance. I have to wait till it clears the garage but its the weather thats also holding me up here.

• Like 1