Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North America complex in Bi colour (15 pane mosaic)

emyliano2000

This is my biggest ever project, something I never thought I was gonna be able to do.

A 15 panel mosaic of the North America nebula region shot with both my setups at the same time.

I used my ASI294MC Pro with the AT106 to shoot Tri-band and Ha and my QHY183M on the TS65Q to shoot Ha and Oiii so the total integration time is 150 hours but the imaging time is half of that.

Before the mosaic I have the cameras swapped between the 2 scopes but I changed them over for a closer field of view and pixel scale between the 2.

I started shooting the mosaic in April this year and I finished it last month.

Using APP, I extracted the Ha shot with the 294 and Ha filter and the Ha and Oiii shot with the tri-band. After that I stacked all the Ha and Oiii for each panel and blended them all in APP.

I used pixinsight Starnet++ to remove the stars from both Ha and Oiii, I blended them into the HOO image and worked on it until I was ready to put the stars back.

I'm really pleased with the result, it might not be perfect but I can say that it's my best astro image so far.

I hope you like it too.

Emil

Astronomik 6nm Ha Clip-In Filter: 450x300" (gain: 200.00) -15C bin 1x1

Baader Planetarium O3 1.25" 8.5nm: 450x300" (gain: 11.00) -20C bin 1x1

Baader 1.25" Ultra-narrowband 3.5nm Ha: 450x300" (gain: 11.00) -20C bin 1x1

Altair Astro triband: 450x300" (gain: 200.00) -15C bin 1x1

Integration: 150.0 hours

Darks: ~50

Flats: ~30

Flat darks: ~100

Bortle Dark-Sky Scale: 6.00

Mean SQM: 19.14

For the 158mpx, full resolution (11972x13212) photo please follow the link to my astrobin account:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/1mtzac/0/

NA-Mosaic-HOO-copy1-(reduced).jpg.thumb.jpg.d973394cdbebf89debbf7cf12d9dea62.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Thank you guys! I'm really glad you like it! 

I nearly stopped it a few times, I thought it will never end but I'm happy I didn't. 😁

It was chosen as a top pick on astrobin too. 

My first one ever. 🥳🥳

Hopefully not the last. 😁

Emil