Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Am existing member but just got back to it!

johnst

Hi everyone, can't remember the last time I was on the forum but I've been through quite a lot just recently and just got back into astronomy which means a lot to me. I've recently been diagnosed with cancer but the treatment I'm on means I'm doing ok so doing astro stuff is helping me enormously. Don't want to bore members with the details so it's just nice to be doing this. I also need to sell some of my stuff to get some equipment for astrophotography so any advise would be welcome.

Thanks for the help

John  

• Like 3

Welcome to this friendly forum, and the best wishes for your reconvalescence.

To quote Marty (avatar "bumm"), CloudyNights forum :

"This hobby has thrown me a lifeline during much worse times of my life. What would I ever have done without the stars?"

Stephan

Thanks for the response and replies I'm getting. With being in self shielding and only just a few days ago got my licence back it's nice to know that there's a great bunch out there in the astro world. My biggest problem is that while I'm still on treatment I get very tired late in the day but if I've got a clear sky then I've got some purpose to go out. I've just recently bought a modified Canon 700d camera from a specialized dealer in Long Eaton ( don't want to give the name in case it's against the rules) and am using  my Star Adventurer and a 18-135mm lens and my William Optics megrez 72 and am just having a go with single shots. My laptop has gone down so need a new one and I'm reading about stacking!?! and looking at tutorials on youtube but I'm having a go and giving me a bit of impetus, so any help will be appreciated👍

• Like 1