SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The dog has eaten my Lens Cover!

Can anyone  suggest a source or a DIY replacement for a 57mm push-on object lens cover for the finder-scope on my Celestron Nextstar 9.25".  I've tried a couple of the usual suppliers without success.

The dog needs to get me a replacement!

cap.PNG

Maybe a 57mm flip-up rifle scope cover from eBay would do the job? Most are from China but there is a UK seller on there. Unless the dog can reach the top of your scope with its mouth, you should never have the same problem again 😉

Thanks folks for the helpful advice and information.  The dog has decided to buy me a flip-up rifle scope cover , as I hope it can be more securely attached to the finder scope, for less than a fiver post free.  From China I suspect!

Back in the day when I was single I spent a small fortune on what was then considered to be the definitive HiFi system. Linn sondek , Naim audio pre and power amps and Linn Isobarik speakers. When I moved in with my girlfriend we bought a puppy a lovely Golden retriever who proceeded to rip the grill off the bass driver and bite lumps out of it. Those speakers cost me £1200 in 1977 , I would have prefered him to carry on pulling the new wallpaper off the lounge wall to be honest.